Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
I didn't find one of the available colors that looks like that to me. But it looks an aweful lot like the color on the new G6 GT one of my coworkers just bought. I believe that she said it was Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic. It looks faintly baby-blue but transitions toward a gray at some angles. Sharp color.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It looks like the Golden Pewter Metallic color. My 2LT is this color. Depending on the brightness of the sun and the angle you look at the car the color "changes" from a blue-gray to gray. A couple of times we have had a setting sun that was VERY orange and the car took on a bit of a purplish tint. I don't think it is a real common color. My neighbor works at a Chevy dealership and he said he has never seen one on their lot. I found mine at another dealership about 100 miles away and had them ship it to my dealership.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also have a 2LT, and this color appears exactly the same as mine. 'Silverstone Metallic'. (I also have the 'Titanium' interior, and it's beautiful! Although it is difficult to see, the interior of the photo car appears to be 'Titanium'.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
It looks like one of the new '09 colors to me. It appears that this car is missing repeater lamps, which suggests it's a 2009 model.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
That's Golden Pewter (aka Blue-Gold), no question. In one kind of lighting, it that's one of the many shades it takes on. Other times it's more blue. And then other's it's more silver. I remember seeing the rest of the press pictures from those initial Malibu press drives, and that car was seen a few times.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It does appear to be an '09. (It's missing side marker lamps.) I'm wondering if the color might be the new Silver Moss Metallic. (I see a hint of very light green.)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To those of you that have 'Golden Pewter Metallic' malibu's.... does it ever take on a green tint? I was driving to work the other day and saw a 2008 LTZ in a similar color that would look blue/green/gold/silver at different angles. Does this sound like a Golden Pewter Metallic?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can't say that I have ever noticed what I would call a green tint. The color does appear to change depending on the intensity of the light and what angle you are looking at it.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
It does appear to be an '09. (It's missing side marker lamps.) I'm wondering if the color might be the new Silver Moss Metallic. (I see a hint of very light green.)
No, it really is an '08 and Golden Pewter. The side lights seem to be an illusion, how they're wiped out, but that's what it is.

I need to dig up the pictures from the original press drives...that was the center of town where they did it, and had rows of them all lined up. That 2LT V6 in Golden Pewter was seen a few times in shots.

The Silver Moss is considerably darker and clearly a medium-darker green. Think Chrysler's Onyx Green from a couple of years ago, and you're not far off.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
To those of you that have 'Golden Pewter Metallic' malibu's.... does it ever take on a green tint? I was driving to work the other day and saw a 2008 LTZ in a similar color that would look blue/green/gold/silver at different angles. Does this sound like a Golden Pewter Metallic?
Definitely. A lot of times it just looks light blue/silver, but there's one I see every morning going to work and in passing in that morning light, it always looks like a light silver-green. Same for another I saw coming home on Friday.

It's an interesting color, and changes a lot depending on lighting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here is a picture of my Golden Pewter Malibu. It is my first attempt at posting a picture so the quality may not be perfect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.