Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Malibu MAXX SS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve seen threads like this on a couple other forums I am a member of. Let’s see how it goes here. I’ll start it off. Mods feel free to move this if there is a better section for it.

Gave my Maxx SS a quick wash last night. Looks Pretty good for 15+ yrs old. She still has some shine left in her. Hahaha. What’s everybody else got going on?
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
196 Posts
I neglected it. Haven't driven it in days. I did think about it today, I think about it everyday. It's the nicest most expensive thing I've ever owned

·
Registered
2006 Malibu MAXX SS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cmon Malibu peeps. There were 78 views and only one comment. We can do better than that! Lol. Guess I’ll go again. Hahaha

Wiped down the maxx SS interior this morning. She cleans up good. Not bad at all. Discovered the rear passenger seat has a broken handle for the tilt back on the seat. I will be hunting for that. Topped it off with some 93 octane. Ready for day.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,763 Posts
I left mine sitting in the driveway with snow all over it while I elected to work from home.

I'll go out after a bit and clean the snow off so it's ready for tomorrow's trip to the office.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,453 Posts
I lifted up my driver-side wiper and checked the condition. It looked ok so I put it back down.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Malibu LS / 2.4L i4 LE9 / 6T40 / White
13 Posts
I sent a text to my mother about buying the damn thing already.

Been months now but with Covid its tough to find time to sort things out.

·
Registered
'00 Malibu base, '01 Malibu base, '07 Uplander LS EWB, '17 Equinox Premier V6 AWD
26 Posts
I watched the snow melt on my '00 as I left to run errands. I currently have a brake upgrade ('00 Firebird front - larger rotor and twin-piston caliper, '00 Grand Am rear - disc) in the garage for it. I chose to use 17 in wheels to get the fronts to fit; those came from an '05 Uplander. I call it the PBJ (parts bin jalopy).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I let my daughter drive my 2006 LT V6 while I checked her brakes on her 2010 Mazda cx9. I bled the brakes using a Foxwell 630 Plus scanner and found a fault with the right front ABS sensor that’s been throwing a code. I ordered the sensor on Amazon. her grandmother had the brakes totally redone with calipers 18 months ago. Of course my daughter wasn’t happy that I told her I will need to put the sensor in before I can diagnose it further but it looks like it will also need new rotors. 3 out of 4 of them were pitted. Strange I have never this, I assume that they didn’t breakin the rotors when they were installed. The only rotor that looked ok was the front right where the sensor is bad. Fortunately these sensors don’t run through the hub but are on the knuckle and fairly easy to replace. Also the rotors are black by design which I would never put on a car. Anyway my daughter liked driving the Malibu while I worked on her SUV.
The Malibu is a work in progress. If the weather here on the NC coast would cooperate my next project is to do the front bearing assembly, rotors, and brake. I’ve already done the rear. Then it’s a full engine cleanup and inspection of everything replacing what’s necessary. Then it’s on to the body work as well as a new fuel pump and fuel level sensor. Fuel pump works but not the gauge. I doubt it’s the wiring harness but I will check it. There’s a good bit of rust underneath but the jack points held which was nice 🙂.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lmao I changed the fluids a few days ago if that counts but ig it's a reward for doing well in the oklahoma snow lol. I'm very impressed I have a '05 ls v6 and it was drifting and doing better then most soccer moms in the 4wd rogues

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Malibu LT2 LE5 2.4L Summit White
50 Posts
So I’ve seen threads like this on a couple other forums I am a member of. Let’s see how it goes here. I’ll start it off. Mods feel free to move this if there is a better section for it.

Gave my Maxx SS a quick wash last night. Looks Pretty good for 15+ yrs old. She still has some shine left in her. Hahaha. What’s everybody else got going on?
View attachment 70253
My daily driver 2012 Chevy Malibu LT2, Tuned with HPTuners, Stainless Shorty Headers from ZZP, Cat and emissions deleted, new iridium plugs and coils, but everything else you check out on my page if ya want!
Nice ride! I always loved that color. Today I finished remaking my engine harness in my 2.4L LE5, biggest thing I did was relocate my downstream O2 connector from behind the valve cover to up front of the engine on the drivers side. I have a custom tune from HPTuners with my emissions deleted so I don’t run a downstream o2 but I moved it so I can plug a dummy sensor in for readiness monitor tests if need be one day. I also moved the upstream o2 connector so I can access it much easier access away from the header. Re loomed and taped the harness because the original loom was all cracked but here she is!I have the stock intake setup on for some tests I’m logging to see how it compares to my custom intake setup (mpg,hp,afr,sound)
Downstream is Sensor #2, Upstream is Sensor #1

my normal setup

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,763 Posts
Is there a line forming? If not, I'm on the way and you can do mine, too! ;)

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,487 Posts
I also detailed my interior! Cleaned and treated the leather steering wheel, shifter and driver's seat, wiped down the dash and controls. Looks like I just bought it! MyLink screen still needs a cleaning though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also detailed my interior! Cleaned and treated the leather steering wheel, shifter and driver's seat, wiped down the dash and controls. Looks like I just bought it! MyLink screen still needs a cleaning though. View attachment 70483
Cheater... that's no malibu!

But it sure is hot 😍 I've only seen two SS's on the roads here in michigan... super jelly

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,487 Posts
Cheater... that's no malibu!

But it sure is hot 😍 I've only seen two SS's on the roads here in michigan... super jelly
People call it a Malibu or an Impala all the time, so I have honorary privileges.

Also, I feel obligated to tell everyone I sneezed in my car twice yesterday and ruined my detailing job. Womp.

Reactions: TLB34

·
Registered
31 Posts
People call it a Malibu or an Impala all the time, so I have honorary privileges.
Haha, good point. It does look like a Camaro / Malibu secret affair child.

Also, I feel obligated to tell everyone I sneezed in my car twice yesterday and ruined my detailing job. Womp.
I've been there before. It sucks having to re do a fresh detail, but it's satisfying to have it clean again. Speaking of that... weathers pretty nice this weekend. Might have to do that.

·
Registered
2006 Malibu MAXX SS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gave the maxx SS a fresh oil change and air filter today. Looks like I have an oil leak going on under there. Oil pan possibly I am guessing. Lost a quart in 2800 miles. I’ll be addressing it shortly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts