Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Malibu MAXX SS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve seen threads like this on a couple other forums I am a member of. Let’s see how it goes here. I’ll start it off. Mods feel free to move this if there is a better section for it.

Gave my Maxx SS a quick wash last night. Looks Pretty good for 15+ yrs old. She still has some shine left in her. Hahaha. What’s everybody else got going on?
E60190CA-865C-4C20-AD33-4DB627C0688E.jpeg

·
Registered
180 Posts
I neglected it. Haven't driven it in days. I did think about it today, I think about it everyday. It's the nicest most expensive thing I've ever owned

·
Registered
2006 Malibu MAXX SS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cmon Malibu peeps. There were 78 views and only one comment. We can do better than that! Lol. Guess I’ll go again. Hahaha

Wiped down the maxx SS interior this morning. She cleans up good. Not bad at all. Discovered the rear passenger seat has a broken handle for the tilt back on the seat. I will be hunting for that. Topped it off with some 93 octane. Ready for day.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,875 Posts
I left mine sitting in the driveway with snow all over it while I elected to work from home.

I'll go out after a bit and clean the snow off so it's ready for tomorrow's trip to the office.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,963 Posts
I lifted up my driver-side wiper and checked the condition. It looked ok so I put it back down.

Reactions: cp-the-nerd

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Malibu LS / 2.4L i4 LE9 / 6T40 / White
6 Posts
I sent a text to my mother about buying the damn thing already.

Been months now but with Covid its tough to find time to sort things out.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
we took the GF's 2013 2.0T out for a longer drive than it usually gets going to and from work and then treated it to a full tank of Costco Top Tier, premium unleaded 93 octane fuel...

Bill

·
Registered
'17 Chevy Equinox Premier V6 AWD, '07 Chevy Uplander LS Extended, '01 Chevy Malibu, '00 Chevy Malibu
11 Posts
I watched the snow melt on my '00 as I left to run errands. I currently have a brake upgrade ('00 Firebird front - larger rotor and twin-piston caliper, '00 Grand Am rear - disc) in the garage for it. I chose to use 17 in wheels to get the fronts to fit; those came from an '05 Uplander. I call it the PBJ (parts bin jalopy).

·
Registered
2006 Malibu MAXX SS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took the SS to the salt flats last night. I must say, I’m quite impressed! Lmao.
E56D53AB-35B4-4443-B0FA-95B8FB1E3F56.jpeg
499C969B-29DC-4F03-B42D-B9F04C214FDE.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I let my daughter drive my 2006 LT V6 while I checked her brakes on her 2010 Mazda cx9. I bled the brakes using a Foxwell 630 Plus scanner and found a fault with the right front ABS sensor that’s been throwing a code. I ordered the sensor on Amazon. her grandmother had the brakes totally redone with calipers 18 months ago. Of course my daughter wasn’t happy that I told her I will need to put the sensor in before I can diagnose it further but it looks like it will also need new rotors. 3 out of 4 of them were pitted. Strange I have never this, I assume that they didn’t breakin the rotors when they were installed. The only rotor that looked ok was the front right where the sensor is bad. Fortunately these sensors don’t run through the hub but are on the knuckle and fairly easy to replace. Also the rotors are black by design which I would never put on a car. Anyway my daughter liked driving the Malibu while I worked on her SUV.
The Malibu is a work in progress. If the weather here on the NC coast would cooperate my next project is to do the front bearing assembly, rotors, and brake. I’ve already done the rear. Then it’s a full engine cleanup and inspection of everything replacing what’s necessary. Then it’s on to the body work as well as a new fuel pump and fuel level sensor. Fuel pump works but not the gauge. I doubt it’s the wiring harness but I will check it. There’s a good bit of rust underneath but the jack points held which was nice 🙂.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts