Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid $22,650, MSRP was $25,150
I got a Black LT2 fully loaded, black interior. The only thing I didn't get was the 6 cylinder engine. How about everyone else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid full list $28,495.00. LTZ all options.it was a take it or leave it deal.The selling dealer was very nice. but no discount.THE did not have what I wanted but found my car at another dealer in Alamosa, co.they brought it down on a trailer. with 12 miles on the clock. I like my selling dealer ,it was a very easy deal. Igot the Amber Bronze/coco cashmere interior. I love the color.Ihad the oil changed yesterday 1000, miles ,Mobil 1 5/30.The LTZ 3.6/6 speed are hard to fine in my area, good luck with your new car, jack

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid full list $28,495.00. LTZ all options.it was a take it or leave it deal.The selling dealer was very nice. but no discount.THE did not have what I wanted but found my car at another dealer in Alamosa, co.they brought it down on a trailer. with 12 miles on the clock. I like my selling dealer ,it was a very easy deal. Igot the Amber Bronze/coco cashmere interior. I love the color.Ihad the oil changed yesterday 1000, miles ,Mobil 1 5/30.The LTZ 3.6/6 speed are hard to fine in my area, good luck with your new car, jack
Wow.. That seems a little crazy there.. The dealer wouldn't even deal with you? Is it like in the middle of nowhere and the only one in stock? I got mine with 13 miles on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Traded my 04 F-150 supercrew for the 08 LTZ. Original MSRP was $27995 but utilized a GM discount, leaving $26,945. After the trade I was left with $18445.

·
Registered
246 Posts
We traded our HHR and left owing 18k even @ 4.99% ARP on an LTZ (MSRP 28,6xx). Which basicaly means they gave me 13k for the trade or took $1500 off MSRP either way we were happy.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,200 Posts
I bought the LTZ. The only additional options were the Red Jewel Tintcoat and the rear power package.

MSRP including destination charges: $28290
Dealer Invoice Price with destination: $26708
I paid, with destination: $26505

$203 below dealer invoice. Plus tax and $100 Documentation Fee. I recommend Brandow Chevrolet in Florence, NJ. without hesitation.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I bought the LTZ. The only additional options were the Red Jewel Tintcoat and the rear power package.

MSRP including destination charges: $28290
Dealer Invoice Price with destination: $26708
I paid, with destination: $26505

$203 below dealer invoice. Plus tax and $100 Documentation Fee. I recommend Brandow Chevrolet in Florence, NJ. without hesitation.
Pizzaman - did this include any rebates/GM discounts or di they offer the car to you below dealer invoice? My co-worker just bought a LT1 in Flemington and they were only willing to go $250 below MSRP, so she utilized GM Supplier price instead.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,200 Posts
Pizzaman - did this include any rebates/GM discounts or di they offer the car to you below dealer invoice? My co-worker just bought a LT1 in Flemington and they were only willing to go $250 below MSRP, so she utilized GM Supplier price instead.
No rebates or discounts of any kind. In fact, it was the dealers first price. I figured there was no point in haggling with them. I knew going in the dealers invoice price was by using Edmunds.com. I was satisfied with the first offer. Remember now, I ordered in November '07. Malibu's in our area were kind of rare back then and maybe there was some manufacturer to dealer incentive that I wasn't aware of at the time. Also remember, I opted not to order the sun roof. I just don't use for them very often. That saved $800.

The dealer told me they don't advertise, so they don't have that cost to recover. Give Brandow a shot. If you do, ask for Jim Lynch. He's the sales manager and he handled my transaction. You may drop my name as a reference, it may help. ;):rolleyes:

Name=Joe Santone

·
Registered
326 Posts
No rebates or discounts of any kind. In fact, it was the dealers first price. I figured there was no point in haggling with them. I knew going in the dealers invoice price was by using Edmunds.com. I was satisfied with the first offer. Remember now, I ordered in November '07. Malibu's in our area were kind of rare back then and maybe there was some manufacturer to dealer incentive that I wasn't aware of at the time. Also remember, I opted not to order the sun roof. I just don't use for them very often. That saved $800.

The dealer told me they don't advertise, so they don't have that cost to recover. Give Brandow a shot. If you do, ask for Jim Lynch. He's the sales manager and he handled my transaction. You may drop my name as a reference, it may help. ;):rolleyes:

Name=Joe Santone

Thanks Joe! I might just do that.

·
Registered
239 Posts
27,801.46 out the door after all taxes, title and fees on a fully loaded LTZ with sunroof and rear power center. Supplier discount plus haggling between dealers got the price down :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
$1000 GM Loyalty Cash.

P.S. If anybody here is going to buy a new GM product, and wants a SUPPLIER discount, I can give one away each month. Just PM me, or email me at [email protected]
I looked up the GM supplier price and it was $27,365 for an MSRP of $28,540 ($1200 off). Plus the $1000 loyalty would be $26,365. How did you get it down another $1200? Did you haggle below that price?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Funny story, GM had a 1% price increase in January but my dealer forgot to change the window sticker when the car arrived. I got the old price of $21,945 for my 1LT Silverstone with ebony interior. Plus I was awarded the owner loyalty rebate of $1,000 and another $1,000 April bonus cash which means I got the car for $19,945. Then I traded in a 2000 Monte Carlo SS and a 2002 Trailblazer which got me $16,500 so I walked away owing $3,445 plus tax. Pretty sweet deal. A few days ago I got a card from my salesman thanking me for the deal and telling me they gave me one of the $1,000 rebates by mistake. Too bad, so sad, the deal was done. And I sent him a sympathy card.

1 - 20 of 382 Posts