Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
To be certified it needs to have matching tires that are in good shape. Why did you have to buy new tires?
Let's be honest, to be GM certified it needs to have some idiot say "This vehicle is Certified"

My Trailblazer was certified, turned in at a Saturn dealership. On the way home, something the sales person had mentioned about not having a certain part for a Chevy made me think, why would they have had several of the things they claimed to have replaced on this SUV at the Saturn dealership, so when I got it home I checked the air filter, and at 45K miles, it had the factory air filter in it.
"Replaced Air Filter" was very clearly checked on the paperwork, but the air box was so full of dust and dirt I nearly had to vacuum it out to get it all.

We also looked at tons of certified cars while looking for our Malibu, and became fairly irritated and disillusioned with the whole process, since every dealer just does whatever they feel like anyways.With the right dealer, great idea, but really it can be whatever they make it to be

·
Registered
27 Posts
(For my 2011...) Payed like $13k something after all the taxes and stupid crap. 65k on it so I guess its alright. Guy took care of it and brought it to the dealer for every service so its been a good 65k.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought 2009 Malibu 2LT 3.6L V6 on 02/28/2009 19 miles on it. Came with remote start, sunroof, 6 disc mp3/cd head unit, leather with suede inserts, heated front seats, manual sun shade, dual chrome exhaust and 18" chrome wheels.

sticker price $29,300. With my dad's GM discount and my down payment, I walked off the lot with it at $24,700.

·
Registered
135 Posts
2012 Malibu 1LT All-Star Edition Purchased new with 25 miles with loads of dealer adds I didn't pay for. Remote Start, 18in wheels, 50/35/10 tint, rear spoiler, mud guards, 1 year On-Star & XM, out the door $23,810 after rebates and GMS discount and my negative equity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At a local Chevy dealer I bought a 2011 LS. 2.4 A6. 19,500 miles. GM Certified. One owner no accidents. Very clean, Interior is absolutely spotless, some exterior blemishes but they're fixable. Wanted $15,800 drove home for $12,900. For my area that's pretty good. Very happy so far.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Bough my 2009 LS with 68k In April 2014 for $9000+tax, fees and credit apr which all be 11-12K. Put another few Gs in goods) No problems so far

·
Registered
122 Posts
sticker 4 my 2015 1LT was a tad over 25k. only options were the sable metallic paint job and the all weather floor mats. I added factory remote start for $340 a few months later plus I had to by a spare tire 4 $267. after factory rebates, trade in and down payment i payed taxes on about 18k. i bought the extended warranty and the tire and wheel protection, and gap coverage, plus i was upside down on my previous car. but i got financed for 3.2% for 84 months. im paying more they the min payment to pay it down quicker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2012 2LTZ with everything minus the adjustable pedals for just under $15,000. It has 30k miles and is in pretty great condition. It has the V6 and has been totally worth it in the last month of ownership. I bought it from a dealership in MN.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bought mine 2/1/16 for 7200. Came from my Hyundai dealership, 2009 1LT someone put leather seats in it. Had a lot of problems, 124,000 miles, 3 engine sensors bad, had these awful gawd clearance wal mart hub caps, pass side dash vent broke, door speakers blown, window tint all jacked up, pin stripe totally worn off. I could go on and on, I did a lot of wok to this car to make it presentable, should have left it there but now it is something to be proud to drive after all the work and money put into it.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
9 Posts
I paid $12,000 (before tax and fees) for my 2012 Malibu LTZ with the LZ2 package, and 51k on the odometer. Flawless interior/exterior, clean engine bay, local trade.

361 - 380 of 382 Posts