Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an ex part time and still crazy on my own detailer, one detail that can completely change the look of a car is shiny, black tires. But what people use always varies.

I've gone through everything, and seem to use something different yearly. Before it was gel. Then Stoner's More Shine Less Time. Now it's Meguiar's Hot Shine, but the slinging drives me crazy, especially now with white cars. Don't know what's next.

What do you guys use? And any special techniques? Should be a good poll thread.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I've been using a DuPont™ Tire Shine with Teflon® surface protector. It seems to last longer than others I've used and slinging is not an issue.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been using a DuPont™ Tire Shine with Teflon® surface protector. It seems to last longer than others I've used and slinging is not an issue.
Is that an aerosol? Where do you get it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use Zaino Bros Z16 Tire Shine. You can drive the car about 5 minutes after putting it on and no slinging.

It doesn't leave a glossy shine, but a nice matte black that I prefer.

Chris

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I use Meguiars Gold Class Endurance gel, apply it with Eagle 1 foam Tire Swipes ;) gives a nice shine and smells good too! :D

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use Meguiars Gold Class Endurance gel, apply it with Eagle 1 foam Tire Swipes ;) gives a nice shine and smells good too! :D
Years ago, I used to use that too. Since you have white (it would be obvious) how's the slinging or lack there of after a cruise, back onto the paint?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use tire wet spray applied with a eagle one tire swip let it sit for five minutes then wipe your tires leaves a good shine and no promblems

·
Registered
28 Posts
Black magic -Titanium matte
it doesn't sling
it isn't overtly shiny-which is why I got it in the first place
it doesn't attract dust
it works best if you wipe it after you spray it on and let it set for a few minutes
it lasts for weeks- at least when the weather is good... we'll see what it does in the winter.
it works better than anything else i've tried
I need to go buy some more!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Years ago, I used to use that too. Since you have white (it would be obvious) how's the slinging or lack there of after a cruise, back onto the paint?
As long as you let it set up and work into the tire I get little to no sling, I like to let the car set overnite before driving it ;)

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as you let it set up and work into the tire I get little to no sling, I like to let the car set overnite before driving it ;)
Same here. I may pick up another bottle of that stuff and try it again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use Armor all tire foam. Only draw back is you MUST wipe any overspray off of the chrome rims as it will create a rainbow effect spot that is really hard to get off after it dries. But, it doesn't sling after it soaks in, is easy to apply, and last pretty long. I found, with any tire blacker, it's best to scrub the tire at every wash. before you re-apply. I use that scrubbing bubble spray and a stiff brush. You'd be suprised how much grime comes off that those tire sealants collect.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I use Zaino Bros Z16 Tire Shine. You can drive the car about 5 minutes after putting it on and no slinging.

It doesn't leave a glossy shine, but a nice matte black that I prefer.

Chris
I use Z16 as well. I've used Turtle Wax Tire Wax, Black Magic, and a few others. I found that I like the look of Zaino the best. It's more of a satin finish rather than a high gloss. It's more subtle, but still very noticeable. I also love that it's a liquid and soaks into the tire leaving little to no residue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.