Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the forum search function is broke so I'll just ask. Has anyone tried playing AAC or WMA files in the premium stereo? I know it does MP3 and that is all the manual mentions, just wondering if anyone else tried the others before I go and burn a CD to try.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It does not play AAC; I have tried it personally (assuming AAC = Data Disks, which I am sure they are). How is it that a cheap Sony entry-level radio can do AAC, but a nice Malibu radio with OnStar integration cannot?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Right. It's MP3 / WMA compatible. Until this post I never really even paid attention to AAC. I've seen the extension somewhere before, but the standard is pretty much MP3, or WMA for smaller files with the same or better quality (but MS' DRM crap too).

·
Registered
59 Posts
IMHO - If WMA works then rip the music using the 'lossless' option before burning to CD. This will give the best possible quality while making files that are only a little larger in size. If your ears are good they should sound better (note: a LOT of music being shared has been ripped poorly to make for small/fast files).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.