Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what little things you guys have done to put your own personal spin on your "BU". The first thing i will do is take care of those nasty airbag warning labels on the sun visors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the dealer remove the black custom-painted pinstripes on my white 2008 LT2. A small Chevy bowtie interupted the stripe on the quarter panel and didn’t give the car a look I liked. The car looks so much better now. The person who painted them did an excellent job but I just don't understand why they were put on in the first place.

·
Registered
144 Posts
how did you get those stickers off the visors? i did that on my last car, and it turned into a disaster.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
So far all i've done is tint the rear windows and pull all the emblems off the body except for the gold bowties and put on chrome pillar covers on the doors to match the rest of the trim and door handles :D

the small GM emblem on the drivers door is gone since this pic ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
how did you get those stickers off the visors? i did that on my last car, and it turned into a disaster.
you are right. I will turn into a diaster. What i did with my HHR was put chevy bow ties over them. I just picked the colors that matched my interior. www.streamlinedesign.com check it out. Just click on automotive, and then visor designs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just have 20% tint all around (except windshield) and colormatched bowties. I also have the GM all weather floor mats. I have not removed the emblems...yet...

·
Registered
37 Posts
On my 09 Black/Cocoa Cashmere interior LTZ I took off the Bu and LTZ lettering the like the car above..I tinted the the back windows and windshield 35% in NJ tinting the front is illegal. Put in K&N air filter, put in custom fitting all weather clear mats to cover and save wear and tire on the original nice car mats and I put in HID Headlight and matching HID fog lights so far.

·
Registered
438 Posts
These cars look sharp with that extra chrome and the badging off of it. How hard is it to remove the badges? Is it nice and painted underneath them? Are the glued on or what does it look like underneath? I think I'm going to get the A pillar and handle chrome as it looks sharp with the tinting. I'm thinking about pulling some of that badging off too if someone explains it. All I've done otherwise is the tinting and all weather mats. Id also like to add splash guards and take off the airbag stickers if I knew it wouldnt be all nasty looking when I was done. I think I'll do the HID lights too in time.

Can someone post a pic of the color matched bow tie? Id like to see how that looks too.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
These cars look sharp with that extra chrome and the badging off of it. How hard is it to remove the badges? Is it nice and painted underneath them? Are the glued on or what does it look like underneath? I think I'm going to get the A pillar and handle chrome as it looks sharp with the tinting. I'm thinking about pulling some of that badging off too if someone explains it. All I've done otherwise is the tinting and all weather mats. Id also like to add splash guards and take off the airbag stickers if I knew it wouldnt be all nasty looking when I was done. I think I'll do the HID lights too in time.

Can someone post a pic of the color matched bow tie? Id like to see how that looks too.
Pulling the emblems off was a breeze, since the cars are new and the adhesive is still pliable just use a hair dryer and heat them up and peel them right off, the glue comes off with your fingernail and if you can't get it all WD-40 will get the rest ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll post a picture for you soon. If you go to the modifications thread, there is a post called "colormatched" that has photos as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll post a picture for you soon. If you go to the modifications thread, there is a post called "colormatched" that has photos as well.
I called mine - no more gold. I also removed the antenna mast off the roof. It's just a small box now.

Front:

Rear:

Steering Wheel:

Wheels:

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
The color matching looks good. How much does the dealer charge to do that? Can you do it elsewhere for cheaper and have it look good?

In the near future I'd like to remove some of the badges and the dealer sticker, remove the airbag stickers, color match the bow ties, get chrome for the pillars and the door handles, somehow make the front license look nicer without breaking the law, switch up to a higher end oil filter and full synthetic oil, get a better air filter and possibly look at a few other little things... I need the disposable money first, though.

Eventually I'd like to move into chrome wheels (have the 18" aluminum now", add fog lights, add HID headlights and possibly LED tail lights, upgrade the audio and hard wire some power and audio cables for my mp3 player, phone and gps (as well as the mount) so that Im not always having to plug in and hide cables. Some of that will have to wait a while though... as will the PCM tuning.

I had my 1st "that's a chevy?" moment last night. I went out with some friends and was walking back to my car and saw a group of guys looking at it... first I was like wtf are you doing to my car, but they they walked up to me and asked if it was my car and I said yeah. One guy said, "That's a chevy? I was trying to figure out what it was. It looked nice and then I saw it was a Chevy and I had to look twice. I didn't believe it." I explained how they redid it stemming from the Opel, etc. and they all commented on it being a nice ride. Thats the first time in my life someone said that to me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Amge63...where did you get the decals for the little bowties? Black might be easier to match than blue I suppose...for decals. Is your silver grille the original LTZ grille or is it aftermarket? Looks good...your original pictures are where I got my idea. I will say I have already had a couple of compliments in just a few of days.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I plan to add the chrome exhaust tip to my LS. The LS (or "luxury sport") is the only trim that does not include this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"In the near future I'd like to remove some of the badges and the dealer sticker"

Is it just me or does that bug the hell out of you. When i bought my 2000 Gran Prix, the dealer i went to put stickers on their cars. I told him the only way i would take the car with the stickers on it was if he took an extra 5 grand off the price for an advertising fee. I also told him that if the sticker was on my car when i came to pick it up that the deal was off. I'm not paying $20,000 to be a rolling billboard for any dealer.

·
Registered
438 Posts
"In the near future I'd like to remove some of the badges and the dealer sticker"

Is it just me or does that bug the hell out of you. When i bought my 2000 Gran Prix, the dealer i went to put stickers on their cars. I told him the only way i would take the car with the stickers on it was if he took an extra 5 grand off the price for an advertising fee. I also told him that if the sticker was on my car when i came to pick it up that the deal was off. I'm not paying $20,000 to be a rolling billboard for any dealer.
I agree and it was something I'd made a point to throw into the negotiations and I just plain forgot. I can maybe push it if it's in for service, but I don't have much ground to stand on now that I have the car, so I'll probably have to do it myself.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I've gotten all kinds of dirt and snow on my driver mat...

That's as far as I'm willing to go to make my car mine.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.