Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any insider information on what could be changing physically to the outside? Are the wheels staying the same on the 2009's? I heard side markers might be gone?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Side markers will be gone for sure. The pics of the 09s dont have them anymore Most of the wheels will remain the same. Also a key loss is the power adjustable pedals.

Look for the 2009 Malibu thread here in the forums, In General discussion, there it gives a complete list.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Malibu
Deletions
(15U) Sandstone Metallic exterior color
(40U) White exterior color
(53U) Amber Bronze Metallic exterior color
(67U) Silverstone Metallic exterior color
(JF4) Power-adjustable pedals
(QPE) P215/60R16 touring blackwall tires
(NZ6) 16" fascia spoke painted Sterling Silver wheels
Front side marker lamps

·
Registered
749 Posts
You will also have bluetooth capabilities with the new OnStar 8.0

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
The power adjustable pedals are still on the car.. well on my ltz anyway
Can't be...they were deleted from all 2009 models, right from the start of production. You either have an '08 or a really bizarre and random '09 with an accidental set of power pedals, as no other '09 has them.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Can't be...they were deleted from all 2009 models, right from the start of production. You either have an '08 or a really bizarre and random '09 with an accidental set of power pedals, as no other '09 has them.
I would say very odd indeed everything we have including the VIN say its a 2009 and both our LTZ have them

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I would say very odd indeed everything we have including the VIN say its a 2009 and both our LTZ have them
Does the car with the power pedals also have the fender signals or Bluetooth?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have no power adjustable pedals. No fender signals.
The bluetooth is awesome...now I can blast the music and never miss a call. Though it does startle me everytime the music cuts out and the "car" rings.

·
Registered
796 Posts
That's a strange one. What is your build date? Maybe it was one of the first 09s.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So were the pedals listed on your window sticker as a standard item or option? Also usualy model change over happens after the July shutdown, so maybe not all the 09 parts where in yet :confused:

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
The power pedals is over listed in the options on the very right
Still...really weird. Maybe there are a few other early build stragglers out there with them too. Even more peculiar that they're listed on the options side of your sticker.

There have been times where something that is deleted for a new model year or changed still shows up in the first weeks or month of production. A good example was an '04 Suburban we had, the year they deleted double sunvisors, but it was built in the first month of production and still had them due to the plant using up old stock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
10 Participants
Lee
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing