Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is it?

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ChicagoMalibu2009 
#1 ·
When I open the hood of my 2010 4 cyl Malibu and look straight down, directly behind the radiator, to the left of the front engine mount, there is a device mounted to the front crossmember. It looks like a cast iron weight, cushioned from it's mounting bracket with rubber grommets. does anyone know what it is and it's purpose?

#4 ·
It's a doo-flingy for a goose waddle. To remove it you'll need a left-hand spiral-tapered flute reamer and a doomerhickey.

;)

#5 ·
It's a standard government tracking device, owners aren't supposed to find them.

Does it have any numbers or labels that might help? The only thing I can think of that is sometimes mounted in that area is the air pump.

#11 ·
Yes, different frequencies can be a bear to try and cancel if thats what it's effectively doing through the frame. I hope they account all the way up to the redline, not that I'm pushing it up there but I hope thats engineered in.

Ever since 70 wasn't a normal operating speed from one dealer(a different thread/member had this issue with a problem only occuring over 65ish MPH), to all the gruff I've gotten from my last two dealers, you never know what they are engineering for on the GM side too. Oh, technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.