Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have really been researching the LT2 and LTZ models, i was wondering what was the average MPG everyone is getting with these types of models. The sticker i looked at says 17-20 city and roughly 25 highway. That seems pretty low for these types of cars..I don't know.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got 29.2mpg driving Detroit to Milwaukee including going through toll booths and construction and Chicago traffic. Had the car locked in at 70mph with the speedo.

I regularly get 23-25mpg in mixed driving around town.

I hypermile and do my best to coast and not touch the brakes. I have the 6 cylinder LTZ.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In city driving I'm getting 20-21 in my V6 LTZ. I've only had it a couple of weeks. Note that the DIC and manual calculation are about the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2LT with the I4 / 4speed combo and I've been getting 23 to 25 mpg/tank.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My 2LT, 2.4L, 4-speed is getting 26.6 combined city (60%) and highway (40%) according to the DIC.

·
Registered
795 Posts
With our V6 we get upper 20s on the highway and mid teens in town. We live in a small town and intown trips are only 2 to 3 miles at a time which makes for poor milage.
We are very happy with the mileage on the highway. The V6 has good power and can still get 27 to 30 MPG.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I second everyone else's observations for the V6. I haven't had a tank return less than 25mpg so far, but I tend to be a pretty conservative driver, avoid congestion if at all possible, and live where most of my normal day-to-day driving is better than 90% highway. With all that, I have seen a high of 32.2 mpg, routinely see just over 30, and have lately discovered that two adults and two children running along at 70ish with the A/C on in ~90F temps returns a touch under 30 mpg (28.8 and 29.2 for last two tanks with that sort of driving).

Do I love it- you know it! (uh, the extra power over the old 3.5l V6 / 4AT is addictive, though that combination was better for fuel economy to the tune of around 4 mpg on average)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Like most everyone else I'm averaging about 23 but I haven't gotten the first tank through it yet so we'll see how it turns out in the end. I'm wanting to see how many miles I can go on a full tank, 260 so far and the fuel to E says I've still got around 140 at just over 1/4 of a tank. If I can truly squeeze out 400 miles on a 15 gallon tank my V6 will be better than the Ford Focus 4 banger I had been driving to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the V6 and drove from Detroit to Grand Rapids yesterday, about 300 miles round trip. I kept the cruise control at 75 and got 29 MPG...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I feel like the odd man out! I have a LT2 4cyl and regularly get 20-21 mpg. 5 days out of the week, I am 100% city driving with a lot of stop lights and hills...oh, and it's extremely hot, so none of that is good for my gas mileage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I feel like the odd man out! I have a LT2 4cyl and regularly get 20-21 mpg. 5 days out of the week, I am 100% city driving with a lot of stop lights and hills...oh, and it's extremely hot, so none of that is good for my gas mileage.
I just recently checked mine again and i am getting the same mpg with my 4cyl ls

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got 31.5 MPGs yesterday going about 50 miles at 40-60 MPH. I usually get 27-29 at 70-80 MPH on a long highway trip. I have a V6.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've found that with the 4cyl's, at least with mine, it LOVES to stay in 3rd gear....I have to give it gas and lift my foot just to get it to shift into 4th sometimes. I'm wondering if there is a ECU flash that can be done. Even though it was a Ford, my Fusion had the ECU flashed and it completely changed the behavior of the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've found that with the 4cyl's, at least with mine, it LOVES to stay in 3rd gear....I have to give it gas and lift my foot just to get it to shift into 4th sometimes. I'm wondering if there is a ECU flash that can be done. Even though it was a Ford, my Fusion had the ECU flashed and it completely changed the behavior of the car.
my LT was doing the same thing untill the Service Esc light came on, and will only 3xx miles i was pretty upset. Its at the dealer being service.

·
Registered
512 Posts
plgtx forgive my ignorance but what is a ECU flash?
ECU=Electronic Control Unit

Controls a bunch of stuff in the car like door locks, airbags, climate control, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I also have the LT2 4cyl and I also get around the samr mileage 95%city driving.I can't complain too much it is better than the 12.5 I used to get in my 05 1500HD(6.0L crew cab)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also have the LT2 4cyl and I also get around the samr mileage 95%city driving.I can't complain too much it is better than the 12.5 I used to get in my 05 1500HD(6.0L crew cab)
Well, I guess I can't complain then!

It's funny that my V6 Fusion was just tarting to get 20-21 mpg in the city...it took it 23,000 miles to get to that point, though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.