Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20200829_175452.jpg
This is right close to the throttleboddy....and it trails across the back of the engine (firewall side) and looks to go down towards the passenger side.... tranny? Or by the exhaust ? Possible emissions evap thingy?

Any help would be appreciated..... the tot it hooks onto it busted off so...i am going to epoxy it i think

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,144 Posts
That's for the charcoal vapor canister.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, whoever thought plastic running around there was a goood idea SMACKKK! lol I am just going to epoxy it I guess..... wonder of this is causing my P0455 issues...and the random check gas cap issue.... will keep ya posted on that front

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
That will trigger a leak code. See that green plastic cap ? That's a test port for the evap system.

Reactions: Darthz

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, i tried to epoxy it back on ...failed . Not a fan of jb weld epoxy. So it litterally broke the fitting off flush. So looking for an option to fix it some how... the hose itself is fine. But the component it clips onto has a busted. so i maybe need something to screw into that that is hollow.... then splice it into the hose

Any ideas?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya , i have seen that stuff for garden hoses.... havent come across that stuff in ...lets say roughly 1/4 " ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh BTW, what is the size of the hole that is broken off flush? There are threaded metal tubes available in various sizes.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just doing my morning coffee...will taoe out a vernier and measure it.... roughly a 10/32 hole or 4 mm ....maybe.... i can get exact in a little while

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, need a fairly accurate measure. 10/32 (or 5/16) is .3125". While 4mm is .1875" closer to 3/16".
And the threaded tube has to be larger in dia to properly cut threads in the plastic.
I've done many of this. Either EVAP or coolant tanks.
And can you also post a close up pic where it's broken off? Will help a lot. Thx!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

K...that is the hole....i measured it to be an5where from 0.164" to 0.171" . But I measured the inside of the nipple that broke off and its 0.210" Here is the pic of the nipple

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if i had a threaded piece (no idea where to get one) I could thread that nipple inside. .... and drill and tap the busted houseing..... looks to be a 13/64 drill bit fits inside the nipple hole.... 0.203....and re measureing i am getting .205".....

To tap a 1/4" 20 thread i would use that 13/64 drill bit when i used to do that stuff.... just my only idea ....is litterally chopping the head off of a 1/4 20 screw...... and drilling out the center

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here is the link for 1/4-20 threaded tubes. Kind of pricey, so maybe drilling the center out of a bolt made of mild steel might me more economical if you have the tools.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really appreciate you digging that up for me! Man do they ever want a buck eh? Lol . I figure i will try and see how it goes makeing one ( cheap if I screw it up)... i have all the taps ,etc.... just need to find a buddy with a drill press I suppose.

I will post how i make out with pics,etc.... either for a laugh , or an alternative for someone. I will just be useing some basic zinc plated hardware I happen to have here

Again thanx!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The evap purge valve is about $30 or less. Just a thought.

Dang ....really lmao....hear i just assumed it was gona be alot of doah....with the electeical on it ,etc..... heck my dam spark plugs were 90 bucks.... lmao...... might be an option for me now

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks alot like that....i dixnt know it seperated from the rest of the unit. .. you can see it in my above pics.... looks fairly close to it anyways

1 - 20 of 23 Posts