21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Change the valve, it's cheap enough. Here's a discount code for 5% off at Rock, code goes into how did you hear about us box at check out. Get the AC one. 151766998108514558

Reactions: Darthz

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Frigging A.... again really appreciate the help.... lots of weird gadgets under the hood i have no idea what they are or what they do. I know the obd1 chevy stuff.... seems to be alot of more crap with this new stuff.... heck I thought it might have been a fancy IAC valve for all I knew at the time lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So part is ordered..... 36 bucls total with shipping. I figured i would try first to buy it here locally.....they wanted 55...omg

So it gets here friday i think. If there is anything i should know about install....like special lubes or anything....let me know

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wow.... well it showed up 4 days early

So , I got it installed okay..... deleted any codes. Now i was hoping it would effect the idle at startup....not really. I still have my big MAF code.....low frequency or whatever it is. Unfortunately i had one from a scrapyard....didnt fix my MAF issue.....dont have a clue where to go on that next

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
When it come to sensors used junkyard stuff is a big no in my book. I'm cheap but the time wasted and gas to get a JY part isn't worth it. Get a new MAF , AC part only. MAF is a critical sensor affecting the motor in many ways.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Man, I totally agree. ... its the only sensor I would try this with....because there is no fluids they see or real radical temps.... in my generation of camaro.... used MAF 's were never an issue...... was hoping it was the same on these cars is all.

Not looking forward to this descision..... i am already at the mark of enough is enough on this car

21 - 27 of 27 Posts