Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hand Wood Gesture Revolver Finger

Hand Wood Gesture Finger Revolver

While removing spark plugs on my 09 3.6 I was trying to pull this up out of the way to access sparkplugs on bank 1 (by firewall) and the plastic nipple that was connected yo a line running to the intake broke off. I managed to superglue the nipple back together, but will obviously need new part. Need to know what it is.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,840 Posts
Can you share a pic of where it came from? There is a charcoal canister purge valve over there, but I don't think that's it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hand Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

I think the little black locking tab on the fitting I have my index finger on broke too because it wont lock back on. The obvious answer is to replace the parts, but how can I hold it in place as a temporary bandaid fix? Zip tie?

·
Administrator
20,840 Posts
That is the purge valve.

When the engine is running, you should hear it clicking on and off quite a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is the purge valve.

When the engine is running, you should hear it clicking on and off quite a bit.
Yeah I do, in fact when I first got the car I very briefly mistook it for timing chain rattle until I looked in the direction of noise.

That part is not under much physical stress so a zip tie should work for quite a while.
In fact if you were on a budget and you could fix all these plastic bits with something like JB weld, there is no reason it wouldn't work for years to come.
Pretty much what I was thinking, I think a small hose clamp is gonna be worked into this particular equation as well. Looking at how exaclty to finesse it.

·
Administrator
20,840 Posts
That's not part of the EGR system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts