Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go on You Tube,search 'kbb 2008 Malibu', you'll find a Kelly Blue Book review that features something that according to ALL Chevy info, DOES NOT EXIST! A dark grey LTZ with a cocoa/cashmere interior. I haven't found any images of one anywhere else.Does Anyone know anything about this?.... I FREAKING LOVE this color combo!:confused:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have the cocoa /cashmere interior and I love it :D but with a dark grey exterior :eek: just doesn't seem like a good combo, can it be special ordered???

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
No such thing exists or can be had, in a special way. I haven't watched that video in a while, but I think it's all an effect of less than stellar video quality, weird coloring, and shots of more than one car.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just watched again. It's not a mistake, people.Look at it and pause on the close-up shot were the hood meets the wind shield.That's a tan instrument cluster hood in the dash, clear as day. There are also several interior shots were you can see grey on the side mirrors and other exterior spots.....I's tellin' ya, it's the Big Foot of Malibus!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Reviewer demo cars sometimes don't reflect final models and configurations, so I could see it being possible and it was just not used in release vehicles udner final production..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's so sad to hear.I held on to some hope,but, oh well._I still think that, as far as GM's goal of having the Malibu look like a 'Posh' ride goes, the gray w/cashmere is a far more elegant look._A true dark gray paint would be nice,too.Along with a black/dark charcoal interior choice on the LTZ. Wood or metal trim option.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah i agree one thing that got me was..

If you get the blue you can get the ebony and brick or the c + c but in the red pearl you can only get the c +c .. To me the ebony and brick would look great with the red car and not the blue.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I just watched again. It's not a mistake, people.Look at it and pause on the close-up shot were the hood meets the wind shield.That's a tan instrument cluster hood in the dash, clear as day. There are also several interior shots were you can see grey on the side mirrors and other exterior spots.....I's tellin' ya, it's the Big Foot of Malibus!
Okay, I take back everything I said...

As malibudragon said, looks like an early build "trial" car with a color combo that never made it to fruition.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-6hse_p3mE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-6hse_p3mE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A shame, because the Dark Gray actually looks very, very nice with the Cocoa/Cashmere. Again, chalk it up to another LTZ color oddity, kind of like how initially you couldn't get Cocoa/Cashmere with White (WHY...I'll never know) until a few months into the run when it randomly became available, as it was just the Brick/Black to start with White on the LTZ.

Weird, but true. Some new color combos should be in the running before long, likely for next year but also a dealer on the board said an all Ebony choice for the LTZ was coming shortly. We'll see.

But again, why not Dark Gray and Cocoa/Cashmere? Gray and Tan is a not uncommon combo with various German marques, and the 2-tone with Brown even is an interesting and classy touch that would work well, I think--as it shows on that video.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you all for your input._Now explain the Moss paint with the cashmere/cocoa interior to me._It just hurts my eyes! Something about the brown up next to the paint tweaks my mind.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Thank you all for your input._Now explain the Moss paint with the cashmere/cocoa interior to me._It just hurts my eyes! Something about the brown up next to the paint tweaks my mind.
Green with the Cocoa/Cashmere? That one actually makes even more sense than the Dark Gray with it we can't have, it's just not visually appealing to your eyes. I'm not a big Silver Moss fan, but the tan with it is a more interesting scheme than gray or black--I like them all, in different combos, in different ways.

All just depends on what YOU like, and thankfully we all like different things;-) One "wow...NO" shade for my mother was when she saw Golden Pewter with Brick. But me? It's different and I really like it, as do others here.

This, coming from the guy (me) who spent over a week staring at every color only to decide on white...hah.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
LTZ_(4 or 6?).I've bounced around from Blue to Black to Gray.Now I'm back to Blue with the cashmere/cocoa.I take back what I said about the Moss w/C+C, after seeing your pics._I was up late.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
On a different note:I'm generally not a fan of white cars.Not Vettes, Porches,etc.But this new Malibu is beautiful in White. If I see a car in White and it really makes me want it, I know I'm looking at something special._Especially at night under parking lot lights. The presence of it.The shape and size of it._Makes the other cars fade away.......Ah, new love.It's springtime and thoughts turn to....wait, it's fall.But I'm in southern Florida and it's going from full-time steam bath to spring-like......The Malibu in White is just a beautiful sight. :cool:P.S. I go back and around as to whether I like the look of the '09s minus the side turn lights. Sometimes I like the cleaner,sleeker,uncluttered look. Other times I miss it.You ?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
On a different note:I'm generally not a fan of white cars.Not Vettes, Porches,etc.But this new Malibu is beautiful in White. If I see a car in White and it really makes me want it, I know I'm looking at something special._Especially at night under parking lot lights. The presence of it.The shape and size of it._Makes the other cars fade away.......Ah, new love.It's springtime and thoughts turn to....wait, it's fall.But I'm in southern Florida and it's going from full-time steam bath to spring-like......The Malibu in White is just a beautiful sight.
I certainly understand THAT.

I always liked white, but I still thought it was a little too basic or too "appliance" for me. My original Cadillac was a silvery pewter and I loved it, in every way. When G6 shopping, I first tended to dark gray, metallic black, and even blue-gold, but White Diamond just knocked my socks off and there was no turning back. Teamed then with the Taupe interior, even more stunning.

Then when that was ruled a lemon--still sad, given how much I do love the car and its look--Malibu shopping drove me crazy. I knew it was what I wanted, but without my favorite White Diamond anymore, I was lost. Again thought Black Granite and, no doubt, it's a looker, and even told my salesperson that's what I wanted...but kept thinking. Then Golden-Pewter again, but eh, as much as I loved it in some lights, the extra blue shade didn't do it for me. Have a Dark Gray one already, so didn't want another.

It took me actually driving around and shopping in person to realize Summit White was the one, finally. Basic, bright, clean, and classy, fit the 'Bus lines wonderfully, it wouldn't drive me nuts from a crazy cleaning (daily...) perspective, and it was the only shade that no matter how long I stared at it, I still liked it after. White just grabs my eye, in ways no other color has done...refrigerator like, and all.

From my shopping, the new Silver Moss seems to be really popular so far but as most salespeople have said, that's largely just because it's something different and new. I like it on the 'Bu, but it just didn't speak to me from a perspective that I'd like it weeks down the road.

I understand your confusion on colors, for sure;) As happened with me, it will take a day of shopping around just looking at colors and models in person, in different places, for one or two to just "grab you".

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Back to the topic of this discussion...I still really wish there was Dark Gray with Cocoa-Cashmere after seeing it again here. I really like it, and it's very luxury-classy, and would give choice to yet another restricted LTZ color combo.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Completely agree about the Golden Pewter.Again,especially at night under lights.In particular the lower sides towards the back,the sculpting catches the light and shadows in the greatest way.The chrome window trim next to the gold,beauty.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Completely agree about the Golden Pewter.Again,especially at night under lights.In particular the lower sides towards the back,the sculpting catches the light and shadows in the greatest way.The chrome window trim next to the gold,beauty.
Agreed...or the light green-silver shade it gives off in some lights.

It's just when that baby blue'ish huge comes out, it doesn't work for me. Otherwise, I really like it, oddly. I'd just have to keep it in only the right lighting, if I picked the color:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you're shopping...what model and colors are you leaning towards, out of curiosity?
Tomorrow we pick up our '09 2LT Gold Mist with cocoa/LIGHT Cashmere (i.e. no brown on seat edges) .

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm looking out the balcony door,just now,and across the street in a parking lot is a dark gray Maxima, about 2 years old.Sun hittin' full-on.The Malibu would look like a Billion dollars in this color!_Are there any GM reps patrolling this site? For the love of God!:eek:_Seriously....It's even crossed my mind of getting a Black Mal', and doing a near complete color change to a like-wise dark gray.Minus door jams,etc._But I don't think I could bring myself to do that to such a Black Beauty.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I'm looking out the balcony door,just now,and across the street in a parking lot is a dark gray Maxima, about 2 years old.Sun hittin' full-on.The Malibu would look like a Billion dollars in this color!_Are there any GM reps patrolling this site? For the love of God!:eek:_Seriously....It's even crossed my mind of getting a Black Mal', and doing a near complete color change to a like-wise dark gray.Minus door jams,etc._But I don't think I could bring myself to do that to such a Black Beauty.
Your choices are Black Granite or Dark Gray. Both look fantastic, and dead on with the Malibu...pick one and enjoy;)

Or spend 2 weeks staring at different colors, taking pictures, saving pictures, and debating only to get Summit White.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.