Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which wheels will fit?

I searched through the forum and was surprised to not find this topic. Has anyone looked into what other OEM wheels will fit our Malibu? I found out that our lug patterns changed from the 7th gen's already with some research.

So my question is anyone running other rims like from a corvette or bmw? I did some cross reference checking and both show up with the same 5x120 or 5x4.72 lug pattern, but my concern is the offset since these are both rwd cars and our Malibu's are not.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which wheels will fit?

I searched through the forum and was surprised to not find this topic. Has anyone looked into what other OEM wheels will fit our Malibu? I found out that our lug patterns changed from the 7th gen's already with some research.

So my question is anyone running other rims like from a corvette or bmw? I did some cross reference checking and both show up with the same 5x120 or 5x4.72 lug pattern, but my concern is the offset since these are both rwd cars and our Malibu's are not.

Thanks in advance!
I
Have a set of iroc wheels and a set of 88 vette wheels I will try them and post my results.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You need to watch those beemer offsets...they are typically have a lower positive offset. This is because of the typical RWD setup; FWD cars typically have a higher positive offset. Yes, they do have the Xi models but the same holds true AFAIK. The other thing you need to be aware of is that center bore diameter, we are 67.1 if I'm not mistaken.

Check out www.wheel-size.com for their calculator comparison tool, pretty slick.

I just picked up another set of the OE 18x8 LTZ wheels for a winter set I'm putting together, got a great deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The offset is really deep, thus the spare tire that only fits 2013-2016 (but actually a few other GMs too). Find a website that will let you check backspacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts