Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the complaints I hear about the HHR is that it is a slow accelerator (unless you get the SS version). So I was wondering how the HHR compares to the Malibu in a 0-60 mph test. Where can you get this kind of data? I don't believe they have the same engine though.

I'd like to see how the Malibu 0-60 mph times vary between the 4 and 6 cylinder engine. I believe my GP with the old 3.8L engine was slightly under 8 seconds, which isn't that quick.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can only give my opinion ,because I have owned both with the 2.4,and I can tell you that the Malibu is faster to me.I asked about this at the dealer and they said that the Malibu is geared differently which gives a little more bottom end power,I think it`s true.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only give my opinion ,because I have owned both with the 2.4,and I can tell you that the Malibu is faster to me.I asked about this at the dealer and they said that the Malibu is geared differently which gives a little more bottom end power,I think it`s true.
I wonder if the HHR has more curb weight also.

How was your HHR ownership experience?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I liked the HHR very much.In fact the HHR was a little lighter,about 200 pounds I think?The HHR doesn`t come close to the Malibu in comfort,ride and interior quietness though.It was an experience(the HHR) I always got a wave from other HHR owners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.