Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal, it's really hard to find nice rims for the 08 malibu. No dubs or anything are offered. Closest thing I've found I like are forged Foose that are over 650 bucks each.....anyone else have any issues?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought on 05 300 new in 05. Had issues all the time with the fuel injection system. Went to trade it in a month ago with 68K on a new one and they were going to give me 7500 dollars. So I said, I'll just keep it. I had a 5 star dodge/chrysler dealership change the plugs, give the tranny and new filter and other odd's and ends since I was just going to keep it. They found the inner and outer tierods on both sides needed replaced. They showed me and the wheel had an inch play each way. I thought, that's strange premature failure. My warrenty expired at 36k, so I had to pay for everything, no biggie, but it was over 800 bucks. Well, I drove the car about 500 miles and the transmission started slipping, which I never had any issues before. I took it back, they charged me 65 bucks to hook it up and told me it needed a new torque converter, the overdrive clutch was burnt up and all the seals needed to be replaced that would cost over 3500 dollars. I told them and ended up screaming at them that there was nothing wrong when I brought the car in. BTW, there is no dipstick to check the transmission. So they either overfilled it, or under filled it to cause the problem then called me a lier and said I brought it to them like that. So I called BS on the entire deal, used my grandpa's employee discount and traded it in on my Malibu. BTW, Chevy gave me 10k for the car!

There was another person in there going through the same thing as I was. I am a member of a 300 thread like this one, and 75% of these 05/06 300's are having tierod end failures and it's so bad, that they are on national backorder!

So they called me a liar and that did me in!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bought on 05 300 new in 05. Had issues all the time with the fuel injection system. Went to trade it in a month ago with 68K on a new one and they were going to give me 7500 dollars. So I said, I'll just keep it. I had a 5 star dodge/chrysler dealership change the plugs, give the tranny and new filter and other odd's and ends since I was just going to keep it. They found the inner and outer tierods on both sides needed replaced. They showed me and the wheel had an inch play each way. I thought, that's strange premature failure. My warrenty expired at 36k, so I had to pay for everything, no biggie, but it was over 800 bucks. Well, I drove the car about 500 miles and the transmission started slipping, which I never had any issues before. I took it back, they charged me 65 bucks to hook it up and told me it needed a new torque converter, the overdrive clutch was burnt up and all the seals needed to be replaced that would cost over 3500 dollars. I told them and ended up screaming at them that there was nothing wrong when I brought the car in. BTW, there is no dipstick to check the transmission. So they either overfilled it, or under filled it to cause the problem then called me a lier and said I brought it to them like that. So I called BS on the entire deal, used my grandpa's employee discount and traded it in on my Malibu. BTW, Chevy gave me 10k for the car!

There was another person in there going through the same thing as I was. I am a member of a 300 thread like this one, and 75% of these 05/06 300's are having tierod end failures and it's so bad, that they are on national backorder!

So they called me a liar and that did me in!

Yeah, I know those dealership bitches always try that slick shit with people.

That's too bad about the 300.

I like the car visually myself >=D

But that has nothing to do with the performance which really counts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.