Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question about using swirl-mark removal products: when in the wash-clay bar-wax sequence should it be applied? After using the clay bar but before waxing seems best but I am no expert.

In an earlier thread about swirl marks I mentioned they were "added" when a dealership took the car through an automated car wash. Luckily they are not too bad, but on a sunny day I notice them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You'll want to use the swirl mark remover after the clay bar and any other cleaning process and just before the wax goes on.

Regarding the dealer, I had them put a note in my file to NEVER wash the car during service. They have one of those wash tunnels and it is a sure way to scratch your paint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll want to use the swirl mark remover after the clay bar and any other cleaning process and just before the wax goes on.

Regarding the dealer, I had them put a note in my file to NEVER wash the car during service. They have one of those wash tunnels and it is a sure way to scratch your paint.
Thanks for the feedback. I'd never bought from this particular dealer before, and after my first service they mentioned washing it. It was a nice gesture but once I got home and the sun hit the paint I could see the swirl marks. They are not an attractive feature on a black car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Steps I use are as follows:

1. Wash with soap (not detergent) and microfiber mitt
2. Clay bar, Mothers
3. Menzerna Powergloss POS34A, orange CCS pad on Porter cable 7424
4. Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO83Q white CCS pad
5. Menzerna Super Finish Nano PF106FA, gray CCS pad
6. Souveran Paste Wax, hand application w/ new microfiber pad, wipe w/ Cobra MF towel

You probably don't need much more than the final two steps for a newer car unless the scratches are DEEP as they were in my black '02 BMW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A question about using swirl-mark removal products: when in the wash-clay bar-wax sequence should it be applied? After using the clay bar but before waxing seems best but I am no expert.

In an earlier thread about swirl marks I mentioned they were "added" when a dealership took the car through an automated car wash. Luckily they are not too bad, but on a sunny day I notice them.
I have done the same mistake. But I think no one should go for washing at the time of servicing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.