Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
what are you hoping to gain by removing On*Star that you won't get by just letting the subscription lapse and not using it???...curious as I never subscribe to On*Star anymore but have never removed any of the equipment and have not ever noticed any signs of monitoring or interference in how my car runs...

Good luck with your car

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
thanks SaraConnor for responding but that was my point...On*Star doesn't know where or when you are after your subscription lapses...should you get locked out of your car after the subscription has lapsed and want them to open the door...they can't...not even if you give them your old account number, your VIN etc...not even if you re-subscribe to On*Star because you have to be able to hit the On*Star button to "complete the circuit" so they know where and who you are...

On*Star can always send out blanket messages (to all On*Star subscribers) but they can't just target you because they don't know who you are after the service ends...I know from first hand experience...

...I agree that all the monitoring is overreach and there are some things I won't own because of that but On*Star isn't a worry for me...

Good luck with your choice

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.