Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I want to unplug it....it's not in the trunk. Does anyone know where it is.
I surfed the internet at lunch looking for a "free pic" depicting location and couldn't find one. (They do move it practically every new generation) I found a unit being sold on eBay. After enlarging it, I believe your Gen 9 version follows the Gen 8 versions - in that it incorporates the Bluetooth functionality you may lose. I would recommend paying for a subscription for your car and obtain the diagrams for that and the other zillions of things your car has.

You didn't state your motive. If it is to remove GM spying, then there should be the roof top Fakra cable connection leading to said gizmo that you can disconnect that folks have done to "satisfy that motive"...and still enjoy your smart phone...

To immediately access your vehicle, go to DIY Auto Repair Manuals, Service Manuals Online - ChiltonDIY

Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found it......it's located behind/underneath the glove box, near the floor I am guessing.

Haven't taken things apart yet, but when I do, I'll post up pictures. Hopefully it's not completely buried in there....maybe I can just lift up the carpeting and pull out the power plugs?

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Found it......it's located behind/underneath the glove box, near the floor I am guessing.

Haven't taken things apart yet, but when I do, I'll post up pictures. Hopefully it's not completely buried in there....maybe I can just lift up the carpeting and pull out the power plugs?
OK, it looks like the engineers decided to put it back up front for your gen 9 like they had for Gen 7.
Should be gen 9 threads on how to remove your glove box (to get it out of the way) like for cabin air filter maintenance.

When you start to pull plugs, you can look to see if the word "Blue tooth" is stamped on it. And react accordingly to perhaps keep that module functioning. Additionally, your model may be getting a signal for the compass from that box, so be careful what you ask for. There will be a cable connection with a FAKRA plug to the Shark Fin that maybe all you need to disconnect if that is your motive and possibly a splitter with 3 connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.