Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
CAN connects to every module in the car, Computer Area Network. Why would you need access to it ? That's a area that shouldn't be played with unless your a automotive computer engineer. Hacking into will cause immense issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAN connects to every module in the car, Computer Area Network. Why would you need access to it ? That's a area that shouldn't be played with unless your a automotive computer engineer. Hacking into will cause immense issues.
I Dont wanna hack it, i just wanna find the line and repair it

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,881 Posts
When you start a thread, make sure the title summarizes your topic. "2010 2.4 liter Malibu" won't get many clicks because it doesn't explain anything and it won't show up in searches for your issue.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I Dont wanna hack it, i just wanna find the line and repair it
There is no line like cable going into a house or just one main wire. The whole wiring harness in the car is part of the system. What failure codes are you trying to fix ?

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Is the car running ?
There are 3 versions of that code.
DTC Descriptor
DTC U0073 00
  • Control Module Communication Bus Off
DTC U0073 71
  • ECU HS Bus Off
DTC U0073 72
  • ECU LS Bus Off
First off are there ANY aftermarket devices, components, toys, etc. installed in the car ? If yes disconnect them as that stuff causes many problems in the data stream.
May be a ECU issue, if my car I would disconnect battery and clean ECU connectors with a contact cleaner first. Basic code scanner will not determine if High Speed bus or Low Speed bus is off.
Double check all fuses with a meter not by eyeball. Also clean BCU connectors as they have a known connection issue in this generation of cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts