Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Cabin filter will fit Chevy Malibu MAXX 2005? I any like possible to buy?
I've tried Impala/Buick - doesn't fit bu an inch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally cut it from a piece of furnise filter. works so far. Will check it during next oil change.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Which Cabin filter will fit Chevy Malibu MAXX 2005? I any like possible to buy?
I've tried Impala/Buick - doesn't fit bu an inch.
Wouldn't your local dealer be the best source for this information since you could order it directly from them?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because they charge a lot for this, dealer charges some 60 bucks for cabin air filter! In addition there is no part number for Chevy Malibu Maxx Cabin Air filter officially and good quality furnace filter in Home Depot cost 8-10$... and you can make 2-3 cabin filter out of it :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Because they charge a lot for this, dealer charges some 60 bucks for cabin air filter! In addition there is no part number for Chevy Malibu Maxx Cabin Air filter officially and good quality furnace filter in Home Depot cost 8-10$... and you can make 2-3 cabin filter out of it :)
Furnace filter will only work if it fits in there properly. If there's any gap it will be a waste of money.

·
Registered
193 Posts
For what it's worth, the 2008+ Malibu doesn't even have a cabin filter. So if you just remove the filter then you're in the same boat as the owner of a brand new 'Bu. I mention that because you said saving money was a concern, understandably in this economy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok here is the proof of that it works

So I made it myself.

Actual size is 8.5"x10", yesterday was 5000km since last oil change, so I've changed it again, in same time I inspected cabin filter.

See pictures included:

Used for 5k km (May 5th - July 21th). I would say quite dirty, eh?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_820CHbc3Lbk/Smk57EEG22I/AAAAAAAAPYU/lms_tVF0xaA/s912/IMG_6973.JPG

Brand new :)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_820CHbc3Lbk/Smk57eGGpiI/AAAAAAAAPYM/-QijVDgncZs/s1024/IMG_6974.JPG

Edit: pictures not displayed!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.