Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got the common radio problem where it has a CD inside, stops playing it, and says "NO DISK" when you're trying to eject it. I searched the forums and saw a number of threads about this, and I understand that the easy solution is accessing the fuse box by the passenger seat and pulling the radio fuse and re-seating it.

Problem is, none of the threads pointed out which fuse to pull. Here is the diagram for the fusebox. I'd appreciate it if someone could point out which is the one I'm looking for.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Its a 10 amp i belive its the one directly above the hole on the far right . on the inside of the panel it has a diagram with a list of the fuses and what they are for .

·
Administrator
17,129 Posts
Yes, the console cover shows a diagram of the fuses and their cryptic assignments. Might be easy enough to use the little puller and yank a few of them that have anything to do with the entertainment system, then stick 'em back in after examining the terminals for corrosion.

·
Super Moderator
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'll be damned. I'm gonna go bury my head in the sand for a few days...

If you look at the row of 4 fuses at the bottom right, it's the first 10A.

·
Super Moderator
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, removing the fuse for a minute and replacing it did not work. The radio DOES detect that there's a disk inside, but after hitting the eject button several times with no results, it goes back to the "NO DISK" message. Tried this 3 times to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

·
Administrator
17,129 Posts
What I would do, then, is remove the shifter bezel trim, undo the 2 screws at the bottom of the trim, then carefully unsnap from the bottom up. There are 2 tabs at the top that have to go in, so you would pull out from the bottom a little bit then start to gently pull down. There are also other snaps as you go up, so it has to come out a little ways before it comes down. Then I would pull the radio out, remove the cover, and then maybe take a hammer to it. Everything works better after a good hammer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
To DrivenDaily,

Amen to the use of a hammer. There are very few electronic devices that can't be fixed by forcing it or hitting it with a nice hammer. With dual degrees in IT Security and Networking can't much be said about not using hammer when all else fails.

*Carpenters claw hammers weigh 18 ozs | Nice ball peen hammers weigh in at 20 ozs | Dead Blow Hammers weigh in at 48 ozs

Let's face it, you've already exhausted all of your DIY Online Resources as well as your best friend's knowledge bank who is a self-proclaimed Automotive Engineer with a PhD. You have driven off any Jehovah Witnesses or Christmas Caroler's after leaving a woven tapestry of obscenities that now looms over the neighbor like a UFO.If you've calculated your hours spent in research and work they would equal about .40 cents an hour. Why spare money on a lesser hammer. Buy the Dead Blow Hammer, there may be something else needing fixed on your car at this point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts