Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which WAX?

38K views 73 replies 51 participants last post by  sunbiz1 
#1 ·
I have been using Zymol Cleaner Wax (original formula) in the past with my other GM vehicles and was satisfied.

Has someone out there tried Zymol and found a better wax? If so which ones?

Just curious.

I'm itching to drive it..................after they clean the streets. In the meantime I'll get her ready.

P.S. What a great website!

Thanks,

Ken

#2 ·
I have been using Zaino Bros wax for about 3 years and I haven`t found anything better,this stuff is great.

#5 ·
Another Zaino user here. Easy to apply and remove (especially if you follow the application directions). Never a swirl mark. Deep, deep finish when several layers are applied. Very durable...easily 6 months or more on a garaged car.

#6 ·
I use to work at a BMW dealership as a detailer and they owned an Audi store next door also, anyways, a buddy of mine is a mech at the audi side and they just got the new R8 in and it came with some new 3m performance wax, well he got me a bottle and that stuff works pretty well.

if your into serious detailing check out autogeekonline.com

poorboys is a great product and hard to find

#10 ·
The black magic spray on is nice for a quick shine after a Sunday afternoon wash. Takes only 10 minutes to get a nice shine on the car and it can be used after every wash.

#12 ·
I used to put my Bug in many car shows even won a 2nd place at Nopi Nationals one year and from my years of experience I've learned that good car products boil down to one simple thing.....

IF IT SMELLS GOOD, IT WORKS GOOD!!

Sounds dumb but take a whiff of any Meguires or Mothers products and you'll notice they all smell damn good.

#15 ·
When I picked up my car they had to detail it so I talked to the detail guy, he told me on these new cars you shouldn't use wax for the first 6 months to a year, something about the type of paint/clear coat they have on them. He wiped mine down with Windex? Thought ammonia would be bad but according to him it was ok???? Personally I use mothers quick detailer smells like cinnamon.

#17 ·
It is my understanding that the newer paints are catalyzed, so they are fully cured in 36 hours. I figure if they seal the paint with clearcoat at the factory, the paint better be cured.

I polish my cars as soon as I get them. I ask the dealer to not do anything so I can do it. Too many dealer prep people put swirls all over the paint.

I have 4 coats of Zaino Bros polish on my month old Malibu. The sandstone metallic looks like it is plugged in now.

Chris

#19 ·
Myself, I use Meguirers Cleaner Wax or the Proffesional #26 (I think) Carnuba Wax. The one in the brown bottle. As far as the Wash, I tried this Cherry Power car wash. It was on sale for about a dollar. Works pretty good. And it smells like cherries.
Escapemax

#20 ·
Me personally use only Gliptone products my favorite quicky wax is Cherry Bomb goes on easy and off easy can use on windows moldings (as long as not the perferated one) last a while given I do both cars at least once a week

#23 ·
Just waxed my car with Meguiars NXT 2.0. I thought it did a fairly good job! It was easy enough to put on and take off. I have a question. Some of you have stated that you have put several coats of wax on your car at a time. Does this make a difference? What does it do......make it shine more or protect it better?

#25 ·
Response to Kat

Multiple coats will have different results depending on which product you are using. If you are using a carnauba based product, not much difference because the new coat basically strips off the last coat you did.

But the new synthetics are different. They will acutally chemically bond layer upon layer, so you get some better shine and protection.

Chris

#26 · (Edited)
Thanks Chris! I will have to try the multiple layers of wax. I don't know much about the mechanics of a car, but I am all about it looking good and clean! :) I like trying new cleaning & waxing products, and learning new techniques on how to care for my car. My husband says I am the only woman he knows that likes to look in the auto section of the stores for new car products.

Do these layers of wax have to be put on one right after the other, or can they be put on a few days a part.....so my old arms can rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.