Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 74 Posts
Try Wizards Products, you'll throw everything else you've ever tried right in the trash!!

I have been using Meguiars NXT wax for a while (since I ran out of S-100 since the harley dealer doesn't carry it anymore) but this weekend bought some of Meguiars new Ultimate wax.
It does seem to have a slightly better shine than NXT and is supposed to last longer but the thing I didn't like was it was harder to remove without streaking.
I would put the NXT on with a buffer and then buff it off. Tried the same thing with the Ultimate wax and it seemed to work until 30 minutes later I looked atg the car and saw smears of the wax on the paint. I had to rub it a lot harder with a microfiber towel to get it off. I then rewaxed by hand and that was a little better. Just wish this stuff wasn't harder to remove than NXT and I would have a new favorite wax.

This seems kinda fishy, posting pictures and responding to himself as his first three posts.....

Apologies if not, I was just hesitant to click on the pictures!

BTW, Mothers does make good products for mainline -- their FX-Synwax is a good combo when you look for a quick liquid wax I feel like. Won't last forever, but a good choice for a liquid...

This seems kinda fishy, posting pictures and responding to himself as his first three posts.....

Apologies if not, I was just hesitant to click on the pictures!

BTW, Mothers does make good products for mainline -- their FX-Synwax is a good combo when you look for a quick liquid wax I feel like. Won't last forever, but a good choice for a liquid...
I tend to agree with you, it is kind of peculiar :confused:

I have been using Meguiars NXT wax for a while (since I ran out of S-100 since the harley dealer doesn't carry it anymore) but this weekend bought some of Meguiars new Ultimate wax.
It does seem to have a slightly better shine than NXT and is supposed to last longer but the thing I didn't like was it was harder to remove without streaking.
I would put the NXT on with a buffer and then buff it off. Tried the same thing with the Ultimate wax and it seemed to work until 30 minutes later I looked atg the car and saw smears of the wax on the paint. I had to rub it a lot harder with a microfiber towel to get it off. I then rewaxed by hand and that was a little better. Just wish this stuff wasn't harder to remove than NXT and I would have a new favorite wax.
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47707
;)

A couple weeks ago my wife bought a 2010 ltz in white. I did it last sunday with Adams products. First was clay bar then severe swirl & haze remover then Revive polish then brilliant spray glaze and last a coat of Americana paste wax. It's a shame they aren't delivered this way.

Last year I had an '09 black that I did all but the spray glaze you mention. It was just as you say - a shame they aren't delivered this way.

Now I have an '11 red that is starting to show the little spider webs from the car washes. (I live in an apartment complex with no hoses. :() When the weather gets nice that'll be one of my projects.

Welcome to CMF, too, btw.

Last year I had an '09 black that I did all but the spray glaze you mention. It was just as you say - a shame they aren't delivered this way.

Now I have an '11 red that is starting to show the little spider webs from the car washes. (I live in an apartment complex with no hoses. :() When the weather gets nice that'll be one of my projects.

Welcome to CMF, too, btw.
I had that problem too, can't you buy your own hose and hook it up somewhere? Maybe a maintenance Bldg. or shed? Once I even used the kitchen faucet of my studio appt. :cool: it got the job done.

I had that problem too, can't you buy your own hose and hook it up somewhere? Maybe a maintenance Bldg. or shed? Once I even used the kitchen faucet of my studio appt. :cool: it got the job done.
Hmmm, good question! My sister moved out of state and I think she gave me her kitchen faucet hose adapter plus the hose. I'll go dig it up and see if I have it. Then I'll ask the manager for permission to use it. No need to get written up for that, eh?

I'm going to play salesman again. If your car isn't to dirty Adams also makes a waterless car wash that is very good. I also made a mistake in other post. It was not brilliant spray glaze. It wasthe new brilliant glaze. Also in dec. my daughter bought a 2011 terrain in black and I did the same routine and got the same results. I have been using Adams for 4 years now and will use nothing else. There is a post on here where the guy used Adams leather cleaner and there leather conditioner on his car. My wifes car has the same interior and I got the same results.

I like Meguirs NXT. I've used it (or whatever the predecessor was called) on my 2000 Firebird from the beginning. The clear coat still shines very well even after 12 years in the intense south Florida sun.

Additionally, I am old school - only 100% cotton towels touch my car. No microfibers for me, thanks. I also never, ever use the applicators that come with the wax bottles - only 100% cotton towels.

I personally use Meguiar's NXT as the base coat and then apply Meguiar's Gold Class carnuba paste wax over the top of that. I get a really wicked shine from the carnuba with the benefits of long life for the synthetic underneath it. Earlier today I clay barred the car for the first time in about 6 months and the clay bar came away almost completely clean. I'm guessing the wax combination has such a low coefficient of friction that basically nothing can stick to it and mostly comes off during a wash.

I recently picked up a bottle of Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax as my supply of NXT was running low and decided to give it a shot today on the door panels. The Ultimate has, in my opinion, a far deeper shine than the NXT wax does. I did an application of Ultimate, buffed it out, then did a topcoat of Meguiar's Gold Class paste carnuba wax. Take a look at the results...

That fence you can clearly see reflected in the door panel is a good 25 feet away from the car at the closest point. The trick to the Ultimate wax is to put it on as thin as possible, and do it in the shade so you can see where you've applied it and how thick as it goes on pretty transparent. I give this product a huge thumbs up.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.