Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open a door in the morning and only in the morning. I hear a whirling noise like a 12v battery spinning either in the door or in the dashboard. When I close the door I heae it again like it's in reverse. Then I won't hear it again until the next morning.

Does anyone know what this is? I bought the car 2 weekend ago, and the salesman not the manager at the lot had never heard of such noise. I hope someone here has.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,533 Posts
12V battery spinning? Huh? Only in the morning? Probably will need to know the year and trim or engine of this car and hear audio/video of the noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2020 malibu rs.1.5 turbo. I will try and capture the sound if possible.

Whirling is not the best description but I don't know how to describe it.

I should also mention that this noise isn't so much a problem. As much as a curiosity. Since my wife, myself, the salesman and management at the dealership have never heard of this noise. I was most wondering if anyone else had heard it before.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,533 Posts
I've certainly heard of noises that occur when the car is off and you open and close a door or unlock or lock or pop the trunk. There is a "normal" noise and an abnormal version. Hopefully it isn't like this abnormal noise? There is the video in the first post and a link I posted in the 2nd post to another sample: 2018 Malibu LS Whining noise after car is turned off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just got a call from the dealership. So the fuel system operates on pressure. When the car is off for awhile it depressurize. When you unlock/open the door the computer gets a signal to activate the pump.
When it's dead silent we can hear it, when there is noise around we can't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts