Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Presently Own, Contemplating or Ordering?

• I'm contemplating an '08 LS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm ordering an '09 LS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how it is beginnging to break down now?

Question is:

1) Do you own an 08'
2) Contemplating buying an 08'
3) Ordered an 09'

(And for our one member who has already bought and owns an 09' you know who you are so just post that you own an 09' :D)

I fall under the;

3) Ordered an 09'

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just curious to see how it is beginnging to break down now?

Question is:

1) Do you own an 08'
2) Contemplating buying an 08'
3) Ordered an 09'

(And for our one member who has already bought and owns an 09' you know who you are so just post that you own an 09' :D)

I fall under the;

3) Ordered an 09'
I'm definatly getting an '09...oh wait :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
If I had the money, I'd get an '09. Decontented slightly, but Bluetooth connectivity makes up for that. Plus, the extra MPGs sound good too.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
With DOACanada's approval, we set this question up as a Poll. If you have already entered a post, please take the time to vote in the Poll to register your selection.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks PizzaMan - Greatly appreciated....

Just thought it would be interesting to see how the trim models roll out now that there is a year or more of them being on the market.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why no 2LT in the poll?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Voted. I have owned a 2008 2LT since March, and I am enjoying every minute.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've owned my 08 LTZ since early March too. A few minor quibbles so far (haven't posted in the problems topic, since I only recently noticed them), but nothing to keep me from being extremely satisfied with my choice of cars and powertrains.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had my 08 since December 15. Loving every minute of it!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ended going with an '08 2LT. After testing out a LTZ with the 4 cyl/6 speed and not being overly impressed I decided to snap up from a nearby dealer a 2LT that was the only one within a 300 mile radius that matched my main options. For me the '09 with its deletions only had the slightly improved gas mileage and bluetooth which I couldn't justify.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If everything goes as planned I will be buying an 09 LTZ. We are still deciding on a 4 or 6 cylinder though.
Go with the 6, the milage isn't that much less and IMO after driving the 4 v. the 6 there is no compairing the two.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Go with the 6, the milage isn't that much less and IMO after driving the 4 v. the 6 there is no compairing the two.
I made my usual run through my dealer's lot yesterday looking for a Spring Package car, and as usual, there are none. However, the salesman told me three things:

1) The have a couple on order
2) He's driven one already- but thinks that it seems too shift-happy. He actually preferred the 4 cyl / 4 AT, even though they were told that the 6 speed actually has lower low gearing and taller top gears (so overall better range, in theory, and still more closely spaced to keep the 4 better in it's powerband).
3) He said I'd like my 3.6 MUCH better, especially since most of my driving is highway (also told him about my fuel economy so far- at 28-32 for the range, and he pretty much expected that).

I'm still going to go for a test ride in one once they get it. Not to buy it (never planned to). Just so I actually have knowledge of what I'm talking about, when other folks ask my opinion (and being the local car geek, it happens a lot).

·
Registered
749 Posts
2008 Malibu 2LT with V6 Engine and Sunroof

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.