Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone who reads, I have a Chevrolet Malibu LT 2016 car I wanted help who can advise how I can connect my car to a Wifi system to my phone Wifi, I only have Onstar on my car I Wanted it to connect to my phone and use My Phone The Internet

·
Registered
2016 Malibu LT 1.5
30 Posts
I don't think it works like that. Your car can function as a hot spot, it can't connect to your phone's hot spot.
At least, I think that's what you're asking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
У моего друга также есть автомобиль Chevrolet Malibu, но в 2018 году он работает, и автомобиль свободно подключается к его телефонному Интернету.

A friend of mine also has a Chevrolet Malibu car, but it works in 2018 and the car connects freely to his phone internet.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,518 Posts
Your 2016 Malibu must have wifi equipped and enabled with an active data subscription for your phone to connect to the car wifi. With an active subscription the car becomes an access point or hotspot for other devices to connect to. If the car was tethering to a phone to use that data connection the other devices in the car could just tether to that phone as well - no use for the car as an access point in that scenario.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who knows if I update the Wifi Firmware Will the Connect Wifi function appear?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,518 Posts
I don't think anyone has tried that. I don't know if a firmware update or programming update even exists. It won't be something you can program and enable if you don't have it already, you must have the OnStar unit with access point/router.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts