Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Hoping someone on here can help. I’ve had my 2013 Malibu Eco used and it didn’t come with a window sticker. I try to keep a copy(usually a scanned copy) of all the vehicles I own. Was wondering if anyone here has a digital window sticker (preferrably pdf format) that they can post? Even if it’s not an ECO. I should be able slightly modify the format it to fit my build. I reached out to the dealer that sold this new and while they were very courteous they informed me the car was too old and could only get a build sheet.Which I’ve attached. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help with this weird request.

Sorry not build sheet. They provided the Invoice

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
The service data sticker in your glove box with it's codes details everything your car was built with. New car window sheet probably will impossible but the glove box codes are more precise anyway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Trying to decode what's on this 2008 Malibu my father bought before he died.

I've been through the list of RPO Codes (or "Service Parts Identification") on it and I still can't be sure of the exterior paint color. The code appears to be "67U", but I've seen it online referred to as more than one color: LT Camel Metallic, or Tarnished Silver Metallic, or Sedona Bronze Metallic, or Goldish Beige. I honestly couldn't tell you which it is! I wish it was white or black or red ... then it would be clear!

Code "MN5" seems to indicate it has the 4 speed 4T45E transmission, so that's good to know.

Code "9AB" is a bit confusing to me. Online it says this code is "2009 OEM Engine Physical ID 9AB & Production Number 12597112". Does that mean this is a 2008 with a 2009 engine??

Code R6F seems to indicate it has a 10-gallon gas tank??

Code FA1 is "Fleet Incentive CAP Xpress "1" ... whatever that means.

Code BZ6 is "Vehicle GM Prod Week 15" .. but that's based on when production actually started, which was when (?) ... Q4 of 2007?

.... still rather have the Monroney Window Sticker. Supposedly you can get it somewhere on the GM website?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,197 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,676 Posts
How do I know that’s a legitimate email address? Did that come off the GM website, or is it accessible that way?
That's a strange question. I am not sure what problem could arise from requesting a build sheet from an email address using the GM domain. I doubt @DrivenDaily would be engaged in some consiracy to distribute... fake... build sheets... lol. You can verify the email address at gm.com: Social Media Policy | General Motors

·
Administrator
18,197 Posts
How do I know that’s a legitimate email address? Did that come off the GM website, or is it accessible that way?
That's a strange question. I am not sure what problem could arise from requesting a build sheet from an email address using the GM domain. I doubt @DrivenDaily would be engaged in some consiracy to distribute... fake... build sheets... lol. You can verify the email address at gm.com: Social Media Policy | General Motors
@Colt Hero
You're right. It's spam, and if you click it, your computer will become mine and I'll sell all of your personal info to some Nigerian prince.

* DD looks out his front room window and sees folks lining up for bridges he has for sale...

Of course, if you were to follow that link to the post and actually read it, they just might see where I sent in for mine and got it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
LOL! I hope you guys are just kidding around here. I wasn't trying to insult anyone or accuse them of anything. The email address just looked kind of funny to me (at first) ... but I guess the "gm.com" suffix makes it legit. And I see it (now) on the GM website. Should've just looked it up myself ... but I sometimes get aggravated using that GM website ... especially searching for new vehicles.

Anyway ... thanks!

·
Administrator
18,197 Posts
Well, at least you're gonna get some benefit out of it. Yeah, you got razzed a bit, but it's all good. I got my build sheet from them and it wasn't all that hard. That's coming from a guy who hates an over-complicated anything.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,676 Posts
My gen9 car has a service parts identification label but I didn't have a build sheet. So... I requested one today at 9:30 and had it by 3. They also told me my car should have one in the passenger seat map pocket if it wasn't removed by the dealer. Checked... it was there along with some airbag check form. 4 years and I never looked in those pockets?!?!

Anyway, confirmed and person was very friendly.

·
Administrator
18,197 Posts
My gen9 car has a service parts identification label but I didn't have a build sheet. So... I requested one today at 9:30 and had it by 3. They also told me my car should have one in the passenger seat map pocket if it wasn't removed by the dealer. Checked... it was there along with some airbag check form. 4 years and I never looked in those pockets?!?!

Anyway, confirmed and person was very friendly.
LOL :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts