Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to have my Bu windows tinted soon. I called the tint shops and here are the quotes with the material info: $185/SunTek, $175/Johnson and $250/FormulaOne. All quotes have life-time warranty (against fading, color change, bubbles, wrinkles, etc...)
Would like to ask if you have any experience with these films. My initial research showed that SunTek Carbon seems a good choice. I still don't understand why FormularOne is more expensive assumng that all the shops would stand behind their warranty. Thanks in advance for any inputs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My tint shop used Llumar. They suggested to stay away from metal tints because they can interfere with AM/FM reception. The Formula One tints that I saw were expensive because they were ceramic. Here is a site that I got a lot of information from:

www.tintdude.com

Check out the forum section for info about different brands of tint.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I've been reading that forum too. It seems that many tinters switched from Llumar to Sunteck due to price and customer service. But just a few talked about quality difference. There is actually a thread comparing them but it is too old.
http://www.tintdude.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t2495.html
I am still leaning towards Suntek at this point.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In everything I read about different films it seemed like there wasn't much difference in the different brands of the better films that the professionals installed (vs the kind you buy at Walmart). What I did was talk to 4 tint shops and got a feel for the installer. The guy I went with cost $25 more than the others but their shop was super clean i.e. no dust to get under the film, there were 3 cars there that they had recently done so I could see their work first hand and they didn't try to push me to get the most expensive film since I really didn't need it here in the Ohio weather. They also knew the tint laws in Ohio and strongly suggested I stay within the law. In the end it felt like they would stand behind their work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.