Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The windshield in my 2010 Malibu is showing halos around oncoming headlights. This is very similar to someone having cataracts. I know because I had cataracts removed about 3 years ago. I know it's the windshield because if I look at the same lights through the side window, there is no halo. Has anyone had this same problem?

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
I'm not sure if my windshield is original or not but for me, I actually notice waves in mine. It's not everywhere but noticeable in some spots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My windshield is original, we bought the car new in July, 2010. It only has about 66,000miles on it. The windshield itself looks good, no visible scratches or anything. I'm just curious if there are other complaints like mine.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Clean your windshield, then take a close look at it.
It may be very fine sand pitting. Do you live in a area where sand is used on highways in the winter.
I've replaced two windshields for this reason. The pitting did not bother me during the day but was a problem at night when meeting other vehicles.
Both times my comprehensive insurance paid for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes! I thought I've been having serious vision problems since I've got this car! But other people have told me they also think the windshield distorts and amplifies oncoming drivers headlights as well! I'm only 29 and haven't had any cataract problems that I know of but I sure think I do at night in my 2010 Malibu! "Headlight halos"🚔

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
[email protected]
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing