Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to have the windshield replaced on my 2018 Hybrid. Installer was referred to me by the dealer. The AEB/FCA module was disconnected from the wire loom powering the unit. Doesn't seem like the safety functions resumed operation. Is there a restore function I can initiate, or does the dealer service department have to get involved?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Was the replacement windshield an acoustic windshield? My 2016 has one and verified the replacement was an acoustic windshield.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was told there were two options, with or without the safety package/module mounted Center top of the glass. No mention of an acoustic option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was told there were two options, with or without the safety package/module mounted Center top of the glass. No mention of an acoustic option.
Seems the factory oem glass has a spot in the glass where the safety module is located, that does not have the acoustic layer, allowing the camera to "see" the road.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For those who need a windshield replacement I would advise getting the GM OEM windshield, not an aftermarket. My aftermarket, made by Fuyao, has poor light transmission and significant internal reflections to the extent that it is dangerous to drive under certain lighting conditions. I noticed this immediately when I drove home from the dealership after the repair. It was not subtle. It is however marked "acoustic" in the corner.

I did point this out to the GM repair shop after the replacement and the shop manager said insurance approved the non-OEM and there was nothing I could do. He went on to explain that the GM OEM windshield cost twice as much so they opt for the non-OEM in most cases.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
talk to your insurance agent...that's why you have them...tell them of the unsafe nature of the windshield as you may have a bad windshield or they may need to change their stance on a replacement windshield company...

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
talk to your insurance agent...that's why you have them...tell them of the unsafe nature of the windshield as you may have a bad windshield or they may need to change their stance on a replacement windshield company...

Bill
Did that. They work with Safelite, who brought out the wrong glass the first try, but did have oem glass in stick, and that worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts