Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I noticed on my 08 LTZ that it seems to struggle keeping the windshield completely fog free in regard to the defrost. It barely clears anything other than right near the side mirrors on the driver and passenger windows. I live up in the Pacific NW where it is very wet and cold (34-42F at night) I was wondering if anyone has suggestions..Thanks!:)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi all. I noticed on my 08 LTZ that it seems to struggle keeping the windshield completely fog free in regard to the defrost. It barely clears anything other than right near the side mirrors on the driver and passenger windows. I live up in the Pacific NW where it is very wet and cold (34-42F at night) I was wondering if anyone has suggestions..Thanks!:)

What level are you running the fans at? I've noticed that when it's particularly cold, moist or the car is full of heavy breathers, the lower settings (1 and 2) just wont cut it to keep all the windows clear. 3 and 4 should do it, or at least most of the window surface, but they're loud. That is one gripe I have with American cars (it seems to be all, not just the Malibu) - They have loud defrosters/fans. Years ago when I abandoned American cars completely, I was shocked at how quiet their fans were. In fact, I posted on a messageboard once asking if it was broken or wasn't powerful enough for my needs due to it being way more quiet than my previous cars and what I was used to. I didn't like it at first. Then I got used to it, and now coming back over to an American car I instead notice how loud they are. I guess it lets you know it's working though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.