Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Auto-Zone today to buy a new pair of windshield wiper blades for my '08 LTZ. The guy behind the counter told me that they are a dealer item, and cost around $80.00! Please tell me this guy just doesn't know what he is talking about. He also said the dealer sells some kind of adapter so you can buy regular replacement blades, but it costs about $70.00. Has anyone bought replacement blades for an '08 Malibu? Please tell me I can put regular wiper blades on!

· Registered
729 Posts
THis doesn't answer but I strongly recommend getting RainX Latitude wipers.. they're amazing.

· Premium Member
901 Posts
THis doesn't answer but I strongly recommend getting RainX Latitude wipers.. they're amazing.
Yep, the Rain-X Latitude's are almost exact replica's of the stock structureless blades, and should connect up. Others are the Trico Neoforms and Bosch Icons.

As these new wipers are now what GM uses on most new vehicles, if it's your first time with them, people tend not to realize they're different. Some stores just don't sell the correct style, hence the confusion.

Across the net, the common thing is people either getting a deal on a new blade set from their dealer or just ordering them online via one of the few that sell discounted parts. Online, the OEM ones are anywhere from $15-20 or so, which isn't far off what a lot of quality blades in the store cost.

I can't find the part numbers at the moment, but will try to find them.

· Registered
126 Posts
Yep, the Rain-X Latitude's are almost exact replica's of the stock structureless blades, and should connect up. Others are the Trico Neoforms and Bosch Icons.

As these new wipers are now what GM uses on most new vehicles, if it's your first time with them, people tend not to realize they're different. Some stores just don't sell the correct style, hence the confusion.

Across the net, the common thing is people either getting a deal on a new blade set from their dealer or just ordering them online via one of the few that sell discounted parts. Online, the OEM ones are anywhere from $15-20 or so, which isn't far off what a lot of quality blades in the store cost.

I can't find the part numbers at the moment, but will try to find them.
Please do I want to buy an extra pair of wipers myself to be on the safe side.

· Registered
167 Posts
The replacement blades are expensive, there is a new type of clip. Bosch and Anco both have a line of blades that will fit the 2008/09 Malibu, but in the auto parts stores they are $25 (24") and $22 (21") wiper blades. I have found them cheaper online, but haven't ordered new ones yet.

· Premium Member
901 Posts
I just got an email back from my contact at one of the GM parts sites (GMPartsHouse.com), and the part numbers for the GM blades used on the '08+ Malibu are as follows:

· Registered
50 Posts
RainX Latitude 2 work for the push button style. I had this style of blade on my previous car and used a Trico with the push button for about $13.99. Bosch Icons are another brand that work.

· Registered
49 Posts
Windshield blades

Hey everyone, this might sound stupid. But here it goes..I just bought these new rain-x wipers for my 2008 Bu but the installation is baffling me. It doesn't seem to be the same type of connection like the other cars I've owned. Does anyone know how to install wipers on our 08 Bu's?

There seems to be a clip-on button where wipers connect to the arm, but the wipers I bought have a J connector to them. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

· Registered
276 Posts
Re: Windshield blades

you might have bought the wrong wipers...... plus the stock ones on the bu and the same design as the rainx ones, might as well get stockers.

· Registered
33 Posts

A fact to consider, in 2008 GM had produced the later generation Malibu (called Malibu Classic), and the newer model. The issue might come from that.

· Registered
36 Posts

Heard how much blades were and mine were getting very bad, friend told me to wipe them down with thinner until the white rag comes out clean, did that and now i got good wipers! he says he never has bought a blade unless it rips, keeps the same ones on for a year or more. Hope it continues to work. he claims they just get dirt built up on them when they quit? Don't know but I got a couple more months so far out of them.

· Registered
472 Posts

Heard how much blades were and mine were getting very bad, friend told me to wipe them down with thinner until the white rag comes out clean, did that and now i got good wipers! he says he never has bought a blade unless it rips, keeps the same ones on for a year or more. Hope it continues to work. he claims they just get dirt built up on them when they quit? Don't know but I got a couple more months so far out of them.
The biggest problem with wiper blades is the sun. It beats the life out of the rubber. Thinner may peel off the outer layer of rubber thus refreshing the blades for a while.

Bill

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.