Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went today to replace the wipers on my 12k miles 08 'bu at the dealership...:(
they do not have them in stock and are backordered. they are priced at $33.54 each..:eek: seems they are not offered at auto stores since i can't find any here...:confused: just FYI. thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
yea they are rather goofy looking. might have to give it some time for it to hit the aftermakret world...but really they are framless wipers which are $20ish a piece anyway

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you can find one that fits right. there are about 7-8 (can't remember the exact #) of different sizes (I used to work for a parts store on the weekends lol)

But if you take the time and try and find one that fits. keep the packaging for next time.

I had to do this on my moms rav 4. dealer wants $49 for the rear wiper or $5 for a pir of refills and i cut them to fit

·
Registered
749 Posts
I know this isn't exactly the most cost-efficient option.. but perhaps consider getting Rain-X wiper blades? I switched them on my last car when they went and they were awesome!

Just a thought :p

·
Registered
489 Posts
I may be incorrect, but I believe the wiper blades are valeo's. Even so, if you go to tirerack.com they are having a buy 1 get 1 free sale right now(or so the magazine I had said) on the Valeo's. I believe a blade is like $18. Not bad. I had them on my Mazda as well as my wifes old Alero.

·
Registered
307 Posts
yea the design how they go on is a bit goofy. i figured i would need some in the fall then i would do some research on teh aftermarket.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I may be incorrect, but I believe the wiper blades are valeo's. Even so, if you go to tirerack.com they are having a buy 1 get 1 free sale right now(or so the magazine I had said) on the Valeo's. I believe a blade is like $18. Not bad. I had them on my Mazda as well as my wifes old Alero.
About $30 each there. They dont list wipers for the 2009, though I assume the 2008 would work the same. Perhaps there's a minor difference, but I am guessing their site just doesnt have 2009 loaded.

You can still just get a refil for the Valeo wiper for a lot less.

·
Registered
307 Posts
About $30 each there. They dont list wipers for the 2009, though I assume the 2008 would work the same. Perhaps there's a minor difference, but I am guessing their site just doesnt have 2009 loaded.

You can still just get a refil for the Valeo wiper for a lot less.
remember there are 2 body styles for the 08. we ran into that looking for an 08 used. some of them where the 07 style

·
Registered
438 Posts
remember there are 2 body styles for the 08. we ran into that looking for an 08 used. some of them where the 07 style
Well, yeah the Malibu Classic. Was there a 2008 Malibu Classic LTZ though? I selected 2008 Malibu LTZ and found wipers. 2009 Malibu LTZ I didn't.

I could've sworn the MC only came in LS/LT, so I would hope choosing the LTZ wouold default to the modern body style for 2008.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah I actually went to the site and couldn't find for the '09. I did for the '08, but they only list the Valeo 'OE which are the $30 ones. The others I believe are under $20. Those are the ones I got for our cars a couple years ago.

Otherwise I know a lot of people like the bosch Icons.

·
Registered
66 Posts
They are listed on rockauto.com. They range from $15 for Trico NeoForm to $17 for AC delco OEM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.