Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discount Tire Direct - will you be having any specials for us Malibu forum members on Winter Tire packages this year ?

Its getting close to winter time here in the NorthEast and I plan on buying a complete Tire/Rim/Sensor package within the next month or so.

Also - what sizes do you recommend ?

I was thinking about downsizing to a 215x60x16 - from my stock size of 225x50x18 - It looks like the prices of the 16's are much more reasonable, plus the narrower tire and larger sidewall might be better in the winter anyway.

Thoughts ?

Please let us know !!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Using 1010tire.com’s tire size calculator, the following sizes would give a speedometer difference of:

215/60/16 = 2.685% fast
205/60/16 = 1.368 fast
215/65/16 = .558 slow

I have 215/55/17 and am considering 205/65/16 winter tires

·
Registered
114 Posts
I too am interested in a complete package. I just checked the website and only see one 17" package and no 16" packages. Also it isn't clear if the kits come complete with TPMS sensors or not. Is there more to come soon? The leaves are changing here. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did an advanced search and found the following:

Chevy Malibu Winter Wheel
16x6.5, 5/110, 42mm, $96CDN

I doubt these come with TPMS, would be better to go to a tire shop if you need them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DTD -Please let us know your thoughts....I plan on buying a setup the last week of Oct or beginning of Nov.

thanks

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I apologize for the delay everyone. We must have cleared the notification email for this thread. Sorry about that!

To the OP...We currently have one 17" pre-bundled winter package available. Here's the link:

This pre-bundled package does not include hardware or TPMS sensors. We do sell the correct lug kit for $45.00 (covers all 4 corners) and the TPMS sensors are only $36.00 each.

We can custom build a 16" winter package for you. As you may know, we mount and balance every wheel and tire combination for free. Here's a link with all the 16" wheels we carry for your Malibu.

Tire wise, we recommend the following 16" sizes:

205/65-16
215/60-16
225/55-16
225/60-16

Here's the link to our site with all our available options in these sizes:

To get a total out the door price, add the items you want to your cart. At this time, you will have the option to add both the lug hardware and TPMS sensors.

Thanks again everyone for your patience. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts