Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced the motor and linkage, the control arm switch, fuses and relays are all good but still nothing. Anyone experience this? Anyone know if the wiring or electrical is possible to be the culprit and if so is this repair affordable in comparison to the car age value.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,605 Posts
What year is the vehicle?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,605 Posts
The wiper switch is the stalk on the right side of the column. It does not directly power the wipers except for High speed, but instead sends a signal to the BCM, which then determines what function will be used.

You could have a bad switch, a damaged or unplugged connector, damaged wiring between the switch and BCM, damaged wiring between the BCM and the under-hood fuse box, or damaged wiring between the fuse box and wiper motor.

The BCM has a 10A fuse labeled "Wiper Sw". It provides power to the switch, which then signals the BCM. If you select High speed, it will directly operate both wiper relays through a diode. That diode "Wiper Diode 27" and a 25A fuse "Wpr Fuse 14" are located in the under-hood fuse box along with both relays, low speed "Wiper 1 Relay 39" and high speed "Wiper 2 Relay 40".

Swap the 2 relays to see if Low speed returns.

Turn the wipers on High to see if the motor runs at all, and if it's Low or High speed.

If you still can't get them to run, you'll need to start doing some electrical sleuthing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wiper switch is the stalk on the right side of the column. It does not directly power the wipers except for High speed, but instead sends a signal to the BCM, which then determines what function will be used.

You could have a bad switch, a damaged or unplugged connector, damaged wiring between the switch and BCM, damaged wiring between the BCM and the under-hood fuse box, or damaged wiring between the fuse box and wiper motor.

The BCM has a 10A fuse labeled "Wiper Sw". It provides power to the switch, which then signals the BCM. If you select High speed, it will directly operate both wiper relays through a diode. That diode "Wiper Diode 27" and a 25A fuse "Wpr Fuse 14" are located in the under-hood fuse box along with both relays, low speed "Wiper 1 Relay 39" and high speed "Wiper 2 Relay 40".

Swap the 2 relays to see if Low speed returns.

Turn the wipers on High to see if the motor runs at all, and if it's Low or High speed.

If you still can't get them to run, you'll need to start doing some electrical sleuthing.
Thanks for all that but I switched each of the relays and had them tested, still nothing and I had the box under the hood tested to see if it was receiving power from the steering column and it was not so that is what led me to change the control switch but after doing that and still not having any power this is leading me to think that this is a little bit out of my realm of mechanical abilities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts