Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really happy with the wireless charging speed and effectiveness. Thought it might end up being very gimmicky and not functional, but it really works.

The issue I have is that I'll put the phone in and the bolt icon will show it's charging, then within 10-15 seconds, it stops charging. If I reset it 2-3 times, it stays. Other times it will stay on the first try. I've always been able to make it work after a couple of resets. I keep trying to figure out the pattern as to what causes it to stop charging right after I put it in, but can't figure it out.

Did I miss something in the instructions? Anyone else have this or figure it out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same issue but can never seem to get mine to stay charging. I have a Samsung Note 5 and have to take the case off of it just to fit tightly in the slot. I'm due to get the CarPlay update and will ask them when I go in for that if they have any ideas.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I am not understanding how it is not gimmicky but functional if it isn't functioning correctly, and why would you be really happy about it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It works for me and charges the phone fairly fast. It just sometimes takes two or three tries when I first insert it before it will stay charging. Once it stays charging past about 10 seconds, it's never given me problems.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Are you pushing it in all the way? I've heard and seen that the rubber gripper is stiff when new and takes some use to break it in. Instructions in the manual state to push the phone all the way in upside down facing forward. Your manual or online help will show you.

Nutcrunch, you are really a negative person aren't you??? :) Reading this answer and a few others I've seen are all very negative and kind of "the sky is falling": it's a new car, there will be some wiggles. My CarPlay has locked up a few times to the point it won't recognize the phone in my 2lt which I'm not happy about, certainly, but overall the cool factor outweighs the little issue. I reboot the phone and the next time I start the car it's fine.

Jeez, chill!!!

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Sorry if I upset you and made you think the sky was falling. I asked a simple question, the original poster answered it so no need to get negative about it. If you want to continue reading my posts remember I'm honest and don't sugar coat things (except cereal when I do eat it but that's rare). If you fear I may make you believe the sky is falling there is an ignore feature on the forum that is available.
I'm fairly chilled since it's in the 50s today.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Guys, chill out, I simply asked if he was sort of a negative person based on perusing the forums a while now and seeing the way he posts. Maybe I took it wrong but it appeared like because the was an issue he couldn't see how someone could say it's functional and be happy with it; that to me is a glass half empty statement.

I'm not asking anyone to ignore him, I'm not bothered by anything that was said, not upset and I simply asked a question based on responses. I've been around here a few years but don't post much so sorry for even having asked a question being a "newbie" and all......

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
It's ok sometimes people get it all wrong. You just happened to do that. No hard feelings.
I'm still a little chilled today at 53F and rain.

Happy Easter!

Reactions: campb292

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,979 Posts
I'm glad to see you all just chillin'... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. I was running into the same problem with the wireless charging. I would put my phone in the slot, the charging icon would appear and the disappear after a few seconds. I called the Mylink support number and they informed me it had something to do with my screen being to big and it won't charge. My phone fits snug but does not stay charging. I tried my buddies S7 edge (only slightly smaller) and it charged fine. O welll...

·
Registered
8 Posts
That crap from MyLink about the screen being too big has got to be the biggest load of poo I've ever heard... Wireless charging has nothing to do with "screen size".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well you may be right about how it works..still doesn't help us with bigger phones like notes and edge plus with our charging problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not all that impressed with the wireless charging slot as my Galaxy S6 with an Otter Box Commuter case won't charge and barely fits in the slot. Most people use cases to protect their phones plus phones aren't going to get any smaller in the near future. The wireless slot is a great idea but was poorly implemented by GM.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone using the lightning port sticker on an iPhone to wirelessly charge?!

I was going to buy but must have the phone plugged for best functionality so I don't get it really....

Will there be a way to wirelessly charge AND get navigation and full functionality via Bluetooth???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not all that impressed with the wireless charging slot as my Galaxy S6 with an Otter Box Commuter box won't charge and barely fits in the slot. Most people use cases to protect their phones plus phones aren't going to get any smaller in the near future. The wireless slot is a great idea but was poorly implemented by GM.
My wife has an S6 also with a case similar size to yours. I took the rubber sleeve out of the slot and she set her phone in there, it would charge, but would also move back a tad causing it to lose its connection. she used my phone(iphone 5s) as a backer and didnt have an issue really afterwards.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Replying to an existing thread...

While the wireless works for my work Samsung S6, it cannot fit my personal HP Elite X3. Is there any way to get a larger charging port? I loved the idea of wireless charging but am disappointed I need to slide the phone into a small pocket that barely fits a 5" phone, and definitely not my 6" device.

·
Registered
25 Posts
From Chevy:

Incompatible Phones Due to Physical Size:
1) Apple iPhone 6 Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus
2) Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
3) Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
4) Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
5) Samsung Note 5, Note 7, Note 8

I was placing my Note 8 screen forward, will try to the rear and upside down to see if wireless charging pad lines up better

1 - 20 of 79 Posts