Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CMF Senior Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

This is Michael, Helpdesk Manager / Support Coordinator for Weller OBD Tuning (WOT-Tuning.com). My team is responsible for engaging customers and resellers regarding TRIFECTA’s product offerings.

Some of you may already be familiar with TRIFECTA, but for those who are not, we specialize in total powertrain re-calibration of late model GM vehicles. We currently support 7th generation 2.4L (LE5/LE9) Malibu and 8th Generation 2.5L (LCV/LKW) and 2.0L Turbo (LTG). We will soon be making an official announcement regarding our latest offerings HERE on chevymalibuforum.com! Stay tuned for more info!

While, as a fellow GM enthusiast (I drive a 2014 Buick Regal GS), I am excited to be an active part of the forums and various online communities, please also feel free to consider me your dedicated “go to” TRIFECTA guy on the forums. I'm generally around on the forums, but if you need to summon me all you need to do is send a PM to this account! I will respond as soon as possible.

However, the best way of reaching us for general inquiries about our products, or for support, is via [email protected]. Just send an email to that address with your inquiry and a ticket will automatically be generated for tracking purposes.

Sincerely,

Michael

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,853 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the web! Like we usually say when someone is new, got pics of the ride? :)

Something we Gen7 owners tend to notice is how little aftermarket support there is for the Gen7, yet Gen6 and Gen8 (and most of the others) have loads of stuff available. For me with a 3.6L V6 I see that all of your offerings are for the 4-cylinder engines. We have a member who has been experimenting with his own V6 tuning and has been able to shave 0.4 second off his ET!

·
CMF Senior Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to our little corner of the web! Like we usually say when someone is new, got pics of the ride? :)

Something we Gen7 owners tend to notice is how little aftermarket support there is for the Gen7, yet Gen6 and Gen8 (and most of the others) have loads of stuff available. For me with a 3.6L V6 I see that all of your offerings are for the 4-cylinder engines. We have a member who has been experimenting with his own V6 tuning and has been able to shave 0.4 second off his ET!
Hello! Thanks for the warm welcome! TRIFECTA actually does have support for your model Malibu:

http://www.wot-tuning.com/forums/store/product/1905-2008-2012-chevrolet-malibu-36l/

We can normally get about 20HP and about 25 FT/Lbs of TQ out of a stock 3.6L. The calibration is safe and provides a bit more pep in your step :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ 2.5L automatic. When looking at the catalog, when I select automatic the price jumps to $399. So is it $289 or $399?

·
CMF Senior Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ 2.5L automatic. When looking at the catalog, when I select automatic the price jumps to $399. So is it $289 or $399?
Hello,

That's just a glitch with the online store/cart system. Once you add it to your cart and are ready to pay, the price will reflect the $289 price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased the tune five days ago and installed the EZ flash software. I downloaded my file and re-flashed my PCM/TCM and also reset the shift adapts. The download , programming and software were seamless. I then went for approx. a 30 mile drive of mixed speeds of toll way, highway, and city. The vehicle gets better fuel economy, shifts more smoothly without the usual surges and shudders, and my redline/shift point is at least what it was before the recall (approx. 7200 rpms vs. 6500). It has no problem spinning the tires from a launch or rolling start. Highway passing from 60 - 90 mph plus is strong. I have always run 93 octane. Installed K&N filter. Thank you for getting the files to me as you promised. I am very pleased so far. As I drive it more, I will probably get tuned into what more it can do. I would recommend that customers turn off any spyware, anti-virus, and firewall to prevent any issues. Used my Win 10 laptop to download and program. Double-clicking the downloaded file launched the EZ Flash software automatically.

·
CMF Senior Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased the tune five days ago and installed the EZ flash software. I downloaded my file and re-flashed my PCM/TCM and also reset the shift adapts. The download , programming and software were seamless. I then went for approx. a 30 mile drive of mixed speeds of toll way, highway, and city. The vehicle gets better fuel economy, shifts more smoothly without the usual surges and shudders, and my redline/shift point is at least what it was before the recall (approx. 7200 rpms vs. 6500). It has no problem spinning the tires from a launch or rolling start. Highway passing from 60 - 90 mph plus is strong. I have always run 93 octane. Installed K&N filter. Thank you for getting the files to me as you promised. I am very pleased so far. As I drive it more, I will probably get tuned into what more it can do. I would recommend that customers turn off any spyware, anti-virus, and firewall to prevent any issues. Used my Win 10 laptop to download and program. Double-clicking the downloaded file launched the EZ Flash software automatically.
Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
man ive been trying to buy it for a few hours now for my 2013 chevy bu 2.5l and it wont let me at the end probably because it keeps saying k and N but all i want is the software tune up. can you help me get this over with im super fustrated and its already super late trying

1 - 11 of 11 Posts