Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I go to change XM chanels by pressing the preset button, the radio just does not change to that chanel. I can hit it several times and nothing. I usually have to then hit another preset and then go back to the preset I originally wanted for it to change. I had the IPOD adapter installed when I first got the car so I don't know if it was like this before or not, but I would assume it is playing a role in the problem. This also happens even if I don't have the ipod plugged in. Does anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had this problem yesterday..

I had my presets and was scrolling through them and it skipped one. went back and it skipped the channel again. I think maybe the radios were trying to update with the xm and sirrius lineup getting shuffled around maybe?

·
Registered
749 Posts
They recently changed a lot of the channels to include the merged channels. Some of them were deleted. Obviously when a channel has been deleted it's not there anymore and will therefore skip over.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
This XM/Sirus merger really sucks :mad: deleted some of my channels and merged some, but what really ticked me off is when the turned Soul Street into Soul Town, Soul Street would play some real old off the wall R&B from my younger days with no DJ blabbing between songs, now all you here is this mainstream R&B with some obnoxious female DJ's just as well listen to the oldies station on FM :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am aware of the issue while scrolling, I am more refering to pressing a preset button for a station that exists several times and it won't change the channel. Then if you hit another preset channel and it actually changes then you can hit the original preset and then it finally goes to that channel. This was happening before they changed the linup for the merger

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'd suggest going to the dealership and having them look into the issue, sbebs. It's unacceptable for your radio to be having any technical issues this early.

·
Registered
569 Posts
They recently changed a lot of the channels to include the merged channels. Some of them were deleted. Obviously when a channel has been deleted it's not there anymore and will therefore skip over.
Here is the thing.. The channel was not removed.. its still there.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yeah that was clarified, MALIBUDRAGON

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was the radio doing this befoer the channel lineup change?? if not, then sounds like you may have a bad channel list.. Easy fix is to call XM, there should be an option in the automated system to resend the "actiivation" siginal.. This will resend the channel list..

Sirius has had issues like this since it started, sucks as it looks like they brought some of these issues to XM (along with some of their "less than exceptional" programing, in the guise of "renamed" channels)..................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.