Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you need to have a subscription to XM or Onstar in order to use your cell phone w/the bluetooth connection? I thought my friend read something that stated you needed some service in order to use it. Is this true, or once my XM/OnStar expires, I will sill be able to get the functionality from it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
You are supposed to still be able to use the BT w/o Onstar. Just continue to say BT after you push the button on the steering wheel and it should work.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks. Also, does anyone know if GM keeps adding new phones that are compatible with the bluetooth? My phone is not on the list (Rumor) and I was wondering if updates would allow new phones to be used.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awesome, thanks. Also, does anyone know if GM keeps adding new phones that are compatible with the bluetooth? My phone is not on the list (Rumor) and I was wondering if updates would allow new phones to be used.
Do not think this should be an issue, I had a Nokia phone connected and then changed it out for an LG and was able to connect BT. Not sure if the phone is on the compatibility list or not as BT is a "universal standard".

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.