Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

461 - 466 of 466 Posts

·
Administrator
16,967 Posts
Swapped front bumper skin, so while the original was off, I cleaned the stuff behind it.

While swapping components from stock to replacement, the openings in the replacement were waxed, the fog bezels and chrome grille insert surrounds were waxed while off the car, and then the final piece was to paint the grille inserts.

I painted the inserts on my first 2011, but since I traded my silvery LTZ inserts for black ones, the paint came out looking darker than intended but it was still quite nice. This time I used the stock LTZ inserts.

The process was simple: wash, dry overnight, adhesion promoter front and back, base color front and back, clear coat front and back. Covering them front and back makes me feel like the paint won't be as likely to peel.

The reason for replacing the skin was because 3 years ago I spun out on ice and damaged the front and rear at opposite corners, front right and left rear. Finally it looks better on the front. Maybe someday I'll get the back done . . .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
722 Posts
If you ask me, this is one of the better pictures of mine, and someone elses, who shall remain nameless. :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Most recent pic of my car, please ignore the bumper. I have the parts to to a half assed repair job i've just been procrastinating on removing the front bumper to do it.

Attachments

461 - 466 of 466 Posts